Easy Pepperoni Rolls

Easy pepperoni pizza rolls are a great appetizer! Whether you make these pizza balls with biscuits or crescent rolls they are sure to be a family favorite. Moms like them because they are easy to make and kids will like them because they are bite sized pizzas!

Easy Pepperoni Pizza Balls Rolls

Every time I make Easy Pepperoni Rolls I get rave reviews They are super easy to make and are a great snack or appetizer. These pizza balls are Pillsbury biscuits filled with pepperoni and cheese.

The Gunny Sack Pizza Balls

Ingredients:
3 cans Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (10 biscuits per can)
56 pepperoni slices
Block of cheese (I use Colby & Monterey Jack)
1 beaten egg
Parmesan
Italian seasoning
Garlic powder
1 jar pizza sauce

Cheese for Pizza Balls
Cut the block of cheese into at least 28 squares.

Pepperoni for Pizza Balls
Flatten a biscuit out and stack pepperoni and cheese on top.

How To Make Pizza Balls
Gather up the edges of the biscuit.

Pizza Balls Bundle
Now you have a cute little bundle.

Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
Line the rolls up (seam side down) in a greased 9×13 in. pan.  Brush with beaten egg.  Sprinkle with Parmesan, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.  Bake at 425°F for 18-20 minutes.

Pizza Rolls Balls
Serve the rolls with warm pizza sauce for dipping.  This recipe is adapted from one I received from my sister Tracy.
**There are been a couple of questions about freezing/reheating these pepperoni rolls.  I’ve never tried it but I would love to hear if it works for you!

Easy Pepperoni Rolls

Ingredients
  • 3 cans Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (10 biscuits per can)
  • 56 pepperoni slices
  • Block of cheese (I use Colby & Monterey Jack)
  • 1 beaten egg
  • Parmesan
  • Italian seasoning
  • Garlic powder
  • 1 jar pizza sauce
Instructions
  1. Cut the block of cheese into at least 28 squares.
  2. Flatten a biscuit out and stack pepperoni and cheese on top.
  3. Gather up the edges of the biscuit.
  4. Line the rolls up (seam side down) in a greased 9×13 in. pan.
  5. Brush with beaten egg.
  6. Sprinkle with Parmesan, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
  7. Bake at 425°F for 18-20 minutes.
  8. Serve the rolls with warm pizza sauce for dipping.

Can’t get enough pizza rolls? Try making these recipes:

One of The Gunny Sack’s readers with the user name of “M” was kind enough to share a recipe that Pillsbury has on their website that is similar to this one that I posted. It is called a Pizza Biscuit Wreath and you can check it out here!

Comments

Hi Kathy,
      It really depends on how cheesy you want the rolls to be. I used an 8 oz cheese block. Enjoy!
      ~Tonia

1. Seth says

Just made these for my boyfriend and I tonight! We were craving pizza and I thought it would be something fun and easy we could put together! I chose to use fresh Mozzarella and Munster cheese in mine, and it was PHENOMENAL!!! Great recipe, and thanks for sharing!!!

2. Ashley says

These turned out great! Because I wanted to pack these as part of my lunch when I work, I chose to put the sauce inside, Some of the sauce leaked out when it was cooking but overall it turned out great, I also chose to use real garlic I minced and put on top before putting in the oven.

*SO* glad I found the original post of this! I had seen it on Facebook but the version I had saved showed pizza sauce in the ingredients but it was not listed in the directions. What to do with the sauce??? So happy to find the correct version! I am a high school cooking teacher AND a former caterer (closed my business to go back to school to be a teacher at the age of 50!) and incorrectly written recipes are a BIG peeve of mine. I actually give my students bad recipes and we play “What’s Wrong With This Recipe?” So again, thank you thank you thank you …… I am VERY happy to have found the original and correct recipe! My kids will be making it this month in class!!

Thanks Debi! They aren’t supposed to be sharing the whole recipe on Facebook, but they continue to do so anyway. They should just share an image with a link to my post for the recipe. I hope your class enjoys the recipe!

4. Peggy says

These are awesome! I just reheated some that I had frozen for over a month and they were just as good as the first time! I’d suggest baking at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.

YUM!

5. Erica says

I made these just as directed and they are delicious! I’ve tried pepper jack cheese to add a little extra flavor (not that it was needed) and that was great too! I did freeze them without a problem. Defrosted and reheated in the toaster oven for about 5 minutes at 350. Be careful to watch them though because I burned the first batch in the toaster oven reheating because I walked away. Definitely try these!

6. Jenn jenn says

Made these today, they were a big hit. I think I should have used mozzarella. Is there a reason you chose to use Colby jack instead?

7. Silvia Baggins says

I live in Brazil and we don’t have Pillsbury biscuits in here, is there any homemade recipe to replace them? I want to try these rolls, they seem delicious!

8. jannette says

I just wanted to tell you that this recipe is just amazing and so easy to make, my 13 year old boy learned how to make these yummy pizza rolls he said that they are way better than the frozen ones, he also said he will never eat the frozen ones again. It makes me feel good that he can just whip these up and throw them in the oven as an after school snack.
    Thank you!!

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that, over 1 1/2 years after you posted this recipe, it is STILL a huge favorite in our household! I’m about to make them right now, as a matter of fact… Just wanted to say thanks for such an easy and delicious recipe that has served us so well, and that is sure to continue to do so for a long time to come.

10. Megan D. says

I dont usually comment on recipes but i HAD to for this one!! Just made these for my husband’s birthday. i didn’t use the canned dough (just bc i didnt want to go buy some lol) i used this recipe http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/italian-herb-bread and made the dough in my bread machine for a no hassle dinner! the dough only made 18 but with just the 3 of us we didn’t need 28. I also brushed them with garlic butter after baking instead of the egg wash before. i will be making these at least once a month from now on!!! very very nummy!!!!!!!

11. nora says

I tried these last night for a get together….HUGE hit even though I forgot to put the toppings on. I made 80 of them and found that the timing was too long….I did flip the pan midway through but maybe it was because I used a dark baking pan instead of a glass one that the timing seemed too long? At any rate, they’re a staple in our house now/

12. Ann says

Love this recipe! Very quick and easy. I use string mozzarella cheese and cut into 4ths and would roll out the pizza dough as fatten out as muchas possible then cUT a nice square and place 2-3 pepperoni then a piece of cheese and stretch and roll into a ball. Makes for it to be less doughy . I also used butter and seasoning as the topping before baking. It passed my 1 1/2 year old and my brother who is a crazy about pizza loves them. In fact he request me to make a bunch of these for his wedding; so that’s gotta tell u something right there.

13. April says

Super yummy! I used mozarella cheese an doubled the amount of pepperon for our liking. Great recipe! Easily frozen an reheated later! Great snack an for lunch boxes. Thanks for the recipe!

14. Joanne says

These were a big hit at my twin granddaughters’ 8th birthday party. Very good and super easy! I will definitely make them again! Thanks for a winner!

15. Suzy says

…saw-clicked-read-so glad I did! Thanks Tonia, needed a quick go too for visiting family during this seasonal menu planning time-this will be great to nibble on after the Turkey Trot(5K) here in OK. for a breakfast/brunch kinda thing–can be made to ones liking = ) May your Thanksgiving be filled with flowing Blessings…

16. Tara Lee says

Made a batch today, we ate them, I looked at my husband said “another round” he said “of course!” These are on the quick dinner list we loved them.

17. Jessica says

would like to make theses but adjust such as putting some pizza sauce inside with the chz and pepp. how different do u think they would be and how should I adjust the cooking time?

• Karen says

I did this! I found that the cooking time was MUCH longer, actually. These were delicious, but the dough took forever because of the extra moisture from the sauce. Next time, I will bake for 15 minutes uncovered, then cover and bake for 15-20 minutes more. They’re perfect for my toddler daughter to “help” make, so I don’t mind the extra baking time, and the sauce added a nice kick.

18. jeanette says

I just made a batch of them. And i ruined them. First time making them to. :( i put to much spices on them. Otherwise i had lots of fun making them. :)

19. Vivian says

Thank you for this idea. First time I tries them I was so excited I didn’t read the directions and didn’t flip upside down . Lol thought what the heck.. Mine look so funny. Still tasted great ! Since I have tried other things in them like bacon, cream cheese hamburger w green pepper !

LOL! That is great! I’m glad they turned out anyway. I will have to try a cream cheese one! Sounds delicious. Thanks Vivian!

i make these all the time and my recipe is much better simple and cheap you get cheese sticks pepporoni and cressont rolls then roll them together bake them at 350 and they stuff you up!

Hi Sadie! I would cook them first and then reheat them. The Pillsbury biscuit package says not to freeze the dough. Thanks for stopping by!

21. Maryellen says

Since you can make with either biscuit or crescent rolls, I’m wondering how it would work with homemade bun dough? Has anyone tried it?