{handmade} Back to School – Kid’s Lunchbox Jokes Printable

Going back to school can be hard for kids.  I like to give my kids a little surprise in their lunchbox…a joke!  It gives them a small chuckle and it is something they can share with the other kids.
Last year, I would try to find a joke, write it on a napkin and stick in their lunchbox.  This year, I decided to come up with a cute printable and therefore have a bunch of jokes ready beforehand.

Print out the joke page.
(see bottom of post for link)
Cut a semi circle, just inside the gray circle, with an Xacto knife (like the red dotted line above).
  Print out the answers sheet.  Make sure you get the right answer and joke sheet together so the jokes will make sense to your kids!!
Avoiding the gray circle with the answers inside, put glue on the answer sheet.  I used Elmer’s Disappearing Purple Glue Stick so I could see where I was gluing but any kind will work.

Line up the joke sheet and the answer sheet and then press them together.  Now you have small flaps you can open up to reveal the answers.

After letting the glue dry, cut the jokes apart with a paper trimmer.

Want to print the jokes out for you kids?  You can do so below…free of charge.
There are 2 sets with Boy’s Colors and 2 sets with Girl’s Colors:
Boy’s Set 1:  Jokes    Answers

Boy’s Set 2:  Jokes    Answers

Girl’s Set 1:  Jokes   Answers

Girl’s Set 2:  Jokes   Answers
Due to stolen content, I have found it necessary to only show a snippet of my blog posts in my feed. Thank you for understanding that I want to keep the content I work hard to create on my website where it is originally published: thegunnysack.com
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to The Gunny Sack to have future blog posts delivered to via email.

Comments

Thank you for your creativity and humor!! My first grader who is finally in full day LOVES getting notes and riddles from home in his lunch box…he will flip over these silly jokes.

• says

Sorry Blisstered, I no longer have the blank files. You could download the files and then upload them to free photo editing program like Pixlr. Then, use the clone tool to “erase” the words that are written on the notes before adding new words.

I had the same issues with wanting to include jokes in my son’s lunchboxes and trying to find appropriate jokes. I finally just created a pdf myself – jokes for the whole school year that match up with seasons and holidays! Ready to print out, cut out, and hand out! The kids and their friends love them! The school principal even read a few over the intercom!

My son went to summer camp for a week and I included one of these in the pocket of each pair of jeans. He loved it. Said his entire cabin full of boys and the counselors gathered around to read them each morning. Thank you for all your work.

thank you so much for these great pages and jokes. My grandchildren love jokes and I am going to make them into cards to mail. Another way to keep in touch with them, thanks to you!

Thank you so much for these awesome pages here. They´ll also work great on a kids card, which I intend tpo try real soon here, as I need to make birthdaycards for 2 of my granddaughters, who have just learned to read, and I´m sure, they´ll just love this.

Oh I love these. THANK YOU for doing such a detailed tutorial on how to do them. I am making these tonight for my girls and I know they will love them. I always send a lunchbox love note – these just are awesome.

This is a great idea! I love to send notes in my kids lunch box but my 8 year old thinks it is lame, LOL! This is a great alternative that will allow me to connect with him during the day. Thanks for such an amazing idea!

I love the flap idea instead of just a card. These will be so fun. I have been known to not only stick them in my grade-schoolers lunch, but also my middle-schooler and 9th grader’s lunches. Their friends always get a kick out of them. Thanks!