{handmade} Back to School – Organize Your Morning

One of the biggest challenges during the school year is organization and clothing is a big part of that.  Having outfits ready to go will keep the morning running smoothly and help you to get out the door on time.

To help accomplish this I bought a 6-Shelf Closet Organizer from Target for $7.99(on sale this week for $6.99).  There are cheaper 4 shelf ones in the Dollar Spot for $2.50 but I wanted one with at least 5 shelves.

I love the look of printed fabric and felt that it would hold up well as labels.  So, following the same steps I outlined in the Fabric Tags Tutorial, I printed the days of the week onto 2 pieces of fabric.  You can download this printable HERE

I cut the labels into equal size rectangles, leaving a space above each day for attaching to the shelves.

Using my trusty glue gun, I hot glued the labels to the underside of each shelf.

When filling the shelves, remember to add socks, underwear and any accessories.  Also, if your child has a sport they participate in, put their uniform in that day’s spot.  My son is in karate on Wednesdays so you can see his uniform with Wednesday’s outfit.  If there is a special day at school, such as school spirit day, you can plan ahead by putting the right color outfit in the right spot.

Thanks for coming by today!!

Due to stolen content, I have found it necessary to only show a snippet of my blog posts in my feed. Thank you for understanding that I want to keep the content I work hard to create on my website where it is originally published: thegunnysack.com

Comments

great idea. my kids wear uniforms, so I making sure on Sundays, that all the uniform shirts and pants are clean. I made sure they have five of each. For the week. And if possible wear them twice a week. Before ending in laundry hamper.

Absolutely brilliant! Great idea! I need to do this with my kids! I am featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com.

I also have been very impressed with your projects lately. I am naming you a “Blog To Watch” at somedaycrafts. You will have a couple thousand viewers in no time if you are able to keep up these amazing ideas! Grab the “blog to watch” button.

Great idea, my kids could use this…. Now I have another question… How did you make the “linky buttons” that you have at the bottom of your post? I love it that way and I haven’t seen the little buttons anyplace. Please tell :)
    Susan

I am saving this in my inspiration folder for sure! I love the idea and never would have thought of it on my own! Thanks for sharing. I’m your newest follower and came over from the fabric bows and more link party.

Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

I just told my 2 that they were going to do this to help stop chaos in the morning. I already have them hang their bookbags and stuff needed on their own hook by the front door.

You’re just way too organised Tonia. What a fabulous idea! Thank goodness our kids where school uniforms at school. I still have trouble remembering which days are sport’s uniform days though and it’s been nearly 2 years! LOL

Anne @ Domesblissity xx