{Gunny Sack Youngsters} Knotty Laces

While shopping for shoes for Vanessa, we came across a pair of slip on shoes with unique laces.  When we inspected them more carefully my kids proclaimed that they were rubber ponytail holders.  And I thought, I can do that!  How fun to have shoe laces that you don’t have to tie?
 So, I grabbed this pair of shoes that Christine decorated graffiti style ala Lil Blue Boo and stack of rubber ponytail holders in various colors.
Clip off the metal clasp.
Slip the rubber ponytail binders through the holes in the shoes and tie a knot at each hole.
Clip the rubber ponytail holders so that you only have a small tail.  Then, add some hot glue to each end to keep the colored part from unraveling.
And they are ready to go!
When I was in elementary school, I used to tie my laces on the inside of my shoes, so the bows were hidden.

Did you tie your laces in a certain way when you were a child?

Linking up to some of these fabulous sites:
homeworkTip Junkie handmade projectsToday's Creative BlogPhotobucketIhookedupwithHoHlamespiceBeyond The Picket FenceSomewhat SimpleTransformation ThursdayTickled Pink at 504 MainmonogramUndertheTableandDreamingcraftPhotobucketBWS tips buttonPassionately ArtisticKatie's Nesting SpotPhotobucketCraft Junkie Too FriendDesigner GardenPhotobucketTuesday To Do FEaturedThe Girl Creative
=”0″href=”http:>
Due to stolen content, I have found it necessary to only show a snippet of my blog posts in my feed. Thank you for understanding that I want to keep the content I work hard to create on my website where it is originally published: thegunnysack.com

Comments

Just ran across your blog while blog hopping and I LOVE this idea! My daughter has Down syndrome and we have always bought velcro or slip on tennis shoes. This idea opens up the rest of the lace up shoes now. Thanks!! I’m putting it on Pinterest right now. : )

OMGosh! This is really cute…I’m gonna have to make these for my daughter’s sport shoes…it doesn’t faze her to walk around with untied shoe laces…thanks for this idea.

Would love it if you would link this up to our Rockin’ link party going on now at RoCa and Company. Here is the link: http://rocaandcompany.blogspot.com/2011/09/you-rock-3.html . Come and show off what you got. Hope to see you there…

Remember…YOU ROCK!!

Carmen @
    RoCa and Company

Just stopping by to let you know that I have featured your project on Fun Family Crafts today! You can see it here

If you have other kid friendly crafts, I’d love it if you would submit them :) If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

I saw you on the Southern Institute. This is a great idea and not just for kids either. I always keep old shoes (and not so old)by the door to slip on real quick and I hate to tie shoes. This is the perfect answer.

Hugs…Tracy :)

That is BRILLIANT!!! We bought my daughter a pair of shoes this year that she has a really hard time getting off and on (Vans are a little ridiculous in that area) so I might just give this a try and see how she does!

Thanks for the great tip!!!

That’s so cool Tonia. My kids are still on velcro fastening shoes so as soon as they get laces (and learn how to tie them) I’ll try that. Just great!

Anne xx