Princess Tutu Tote Tutorial

A tutu tote is an essential part of a Halloween costume for a princess. It could also be a cute party idea for princess party treat bags.

A little ballerina or princess needs a suitable tote for carrying around her treasures or for trick-or-treating!  I saw this idea in BHG and wanted to try my own version!  Vanessa helped me make this one even though she is too old for the princess stuff.  She did put the tutu around her neck so she could be a lion though!

We used a 1/2 gallon ice cream bucket, spray primer and spray paint.

Vanessa sprayed on the primer so the spray paint will stick better.  Let the primer dry before spraying on the paint.

While the paint is drying, we made the tutus.  We tied a piece of elastic around our chalk container.  Then, cut the tulle into strips about 8 inches long and 6 inches wide.

1) Fold a piece of tulle in half and put the loop through the elastic.
2) Stick 2 fingers through the loop and grab the tulle ends
3)  Pull the tulle ends through the loop
4) Tighten the knot

We made 2 tutus and since there wasn’t a handle on this bucket, we used a ribbon for the handle.

Slip the tutus on the bucket and fluff them up!

If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to The Gunny Sack to have future blog posts delivered to via email.

Comments

Just stopping by to let you know that I’ve featured your craft on Family Fun Crafts! You can see it here:

If you have other kid friendly crafts, I’d love it if you would submit them. :) If you would like to display a

I know its past Halloween but I was thinking about Valentines day and my grandkids! One girl and two boys! So pinks and whites on a red pail for her but what could I do on the pails for the boys? All ideas would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Mimi Sue

Just stopping by to let you know that I have featured your project on Fun Family Crafts! You can see it here

If you have other kid friendly crafts, I’d love it if you would submit them :) If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

Shucks, that’s sweet! I’d drop an extra treat in that bucket, for sure :D

Visiting from MidWestern Sewing Girl’s linky party (Everything Halloween)

~Suzanne in NW Illinois

My kids don’t go trick or treating Tonia (it’s not that big over here) but that’s a fantastic idea! Could come in handy for lots of things. Just beautiful.

Anne xx

how cuteee! I think every little girl should have one of these!!!! :o) And I love that you used a ice cream pail—I love up-cycling!!! Butt I do have to say I was always the kid who couldn’t handle the pail for treats on Halloween…..it always ended with spilling everything all over the sidewalk and then crying…. shoot good thing my mom eventually got smart and let me use a pillow case instead! LOL :o)
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

I am not very girly but I have 3 daughters; one tomboy, one princess, and one undetermined (9 months old). :) Girly stuff appeals to me, I just can’t pull it off! :)

Thank you for stopping by my blog and letting me in on how long the acorn candles took to burn.

The trick or treat bucket is absolutely girlish. I’m sure most little girls would like it but I’m more of a tomboy kind when it comes to Halloween.