{Washi Tape} Book Page Pillow Boxes for Mother’s Day Gifts

It feels as if there are countless gift giving opportunities in the spring:  Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Teacher Appreciation, Graduation and all of the birthdays!  I’m not sure about you but I like to give gifts to more than just my mom and mother-in-law on Mother’s Day.  I like to include my sisters, sisters-in-law, friends and my kids Godmothers.  That ends up being a lot of gifts so I try to keep it simple.  This year I am making these easy, washi tape pillow boxes for the Mother’s Day gifts but they can be used for any occasion!
To make these pillow boxes I used an old book, card board tubes, a glue stick and washi tape.

I tore pages out of the book, glued them to the card board tube and trimmed off any extra paper.  Next, I pressed the edges of the tube toward the center to close the ends.  Then, I put a strip of washi tape around the tube.
For inside the tube, I cut thin strips of kraft paper and hand wrote a message for the recipient.  I attached a piece of washi tape to the end of the strip and twisted it around a pencil so that it is curly.
The tubes can be stuffed with chocolates, a Anthropologie Multitude Knockoff Headband, lip balm and of course the curly note.  Add whatever you want but remember that there isn’t much room!
Leave the washi tape tab from the curly note sticking out the end.
Looking for additional DIY gift ideas?  Check out:

Who do you need gifts for this spring?

Linking to GingerSnapCrafts Sugar&Dots Lolly Jane April POV Whipperberry 504 Main Somewhat Simple SOYS Southern Lovely

Due to stolen content, I have found it necessary to only show a snippet of my blog posts in my feed. Thank you for understanding that I want to keep the content I work hard to create on my website where it is originally published: thegunnysack.com

Comments

1. Trish Butler says

I hate to tear up a book, but these are so great. It might get someone back to reading. You can only hope. I am alway saving tp rolls and this is a great use for them. I’m a die hard recycler. Love the wasi tape also. Thanks

Can I just say how much I love this?! Because I do. It has so many personalized touches and would make anyone feel like a million bucks to get it. I am in love with the washi tape you used, especially the part connected to the twirly message :) Thanks for joining in the fun at Point of View!

I just wanted to let you know I’ll be featuring this awesome gift idea on my blog later today. Thanks for linking to the Teacher Appreciation POV link party. Have a wonderful weekend!

What a simple and super cute idea!!

I would love it if you would link up at Watch Out, Martha!’s first link up party: Martha Mondays on May 7th! Hope to see you there! (www.watchoutmartha.net )

I just saw your awesome project featured and Whipperberry, so I popped back in to congratulate you on the feature!! I loved it when you posted it and love it now!! Such a cute and creative project!
    xo Becca

Genius! What a wonderful idea for so many things. I send packages to my kids often. I like to include something fun. The twirly messages fit the bill in addition to the pillow box. Really cute!

I’ve been on a book page craft kick lately preparing for a party. I still have a few pages left and these would be perfect gifts for some of my friends!

Just gorgeous Tonia. Really cute idea. We’ve only really got Mother’s Day and then Father’s Day is in September here. My worst time for gift giving is November with both kid’s birthdays falling then and then whammo, it’s Christmas!

Anne xx