Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Minis are the perfect size for this peanut butter cookie bar recipe. This is another cake mix recipe that is easy to make and tastes delicious!
It’s still National Peanut Month so let the peanut butter love continue, right? I made these bars a couple of weeks ago to bring to a friend’s house. Yesterday I started making another peanut butter dessert because my two sisters who live out of state are coming home for a visit! Woohoo! It isn’t quite done so I am sharing the bars first and will share the other dessert next week. I know I said I am watching what I eat and eating healthier! That is still true and that is also why I make delicious treats like this to share with others!
My husband is the biggest peanut butter fan I know. He’s loved it since he was a kid and it is one of those things that everyone knows about him. His friend’s parents and even some of their grandparents would keep crunchy peanut butter in their cupboards for when he came to visit. Once when we were dating my friends gathered up a bunch of the individual sized peanut butter packets from eating out at restaurants and presented them to him as a joke. His favorite is is crunchy peanut butter but I like both the creamy and the crunchy. A friend of mine has a slight addiction to dipping carrots and celery in creamy peanut butter. She is doing her best to spread her fondness for the combination far and wide. So, what does that have to do with these bars? Nothing really, but that is what this spoonful of peanut butter made me think of.
What do you prefer? Crunchy or Creamy Peanut Butter?
- 1 white cake mix
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Minis
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the cake mix, peanut butter, canola oil and the egg.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 inch foil lined, greased pan.
- Top the crust with peanut butter chips, chocolate chips and peanut butter cup minis.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over everything.
- Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before removing the foil and cutting them.
Looking for more cookie bar recipes?
>>>>> Mint M&M’s Chocolate Cookie Bars
>>>>> White Chocolate M&M’s Cookie Bars
>>>>> Chocolate Chip Pan Cookie Bars