Valentine’s Day ideas are showing up everywhere! This Valentine Glitter Goo is easy to make with Elmer’s Glue and Borax and can be given as a party favor.
Last summer, I hosted a princess party for a bunch of little girls and one of the activities at the party was to make Princess Putty. One of my readers recently asked me a question about that post and earlier that week I had just come across a container of princess putty in our art supply closet (and it was still in perfect condition after more than 6 months). So, with both of those incidents fresh in my mind, I figured this would be the perfect time to make some Valentine’s Day Goo. I’ve included a free “Have a Gooed Valentine’s Day” printable below.
The goo is made from a mixture of Borax (like this http://www.20muleteamlaundry.com/), water and Elmer’s Red Glitter Glue which I found it at Target right next to the regular glue.
Pour the entire bottle of glue into a large plastic bowl. Add 1/4 cup of water and mix together. In a separate bowl, mix together 1 cup of warm water and 1 teaspoon of borax. Pour Borax mixture into the glue bowl. Mix the glue and borax mixture together and once it comes together in a clump, knead and remove it from the watery mixture. Continue kneading until it is rubbery. Then, divide it in into 6 small storage containers. I used 2 oz disposable condiment cups called Diamond Multi-Purpose Mini Cups With Lids, that are available at Walmart and Target.
Hold the containers closed with a piece of washi tape. I found this red tape with hearts in the dollar spot at Target.
Print out the “Have a Gooed Valentine’s Day” labels and attach them to the containers with a glue dot.
You can download the free printable here: Have A Gooed Valentine’s Day
- 6 oz bottle Elmer's Classic Glitter Glue
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon Borax
- (6) 2 oz disposable containers
- Pour the entire bottle of glue into a large plastic bowl.
- Add ¼ cup of water and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together ¾ cup of warm water and 1 teaspoon of Borax.
- Pour Borox mixture into the glue bowl. Mix the glue and Borax mixture together and once it comes together in a clump, knead and remove it from the watery mixture. Continue kneading until it is rubbery.
- Then, divide it in into 6 small storage containers.
Adapted from Glitter Slime
Here are some more fun Valentine’s Day Ideas: