I made these bacon cheeseburger pizza balls with just the basic things you would find on a cheeseburger: meat, cheese and the lovely addition of bacon! Instead of adding onions, I put onion powder so my kids would like them. I like having tomatoes on my cheeseburgers so I might have to try putting them on next time I make these. Other toppings could include a piece of American cheese or even pepper jack cheese. I left the pickles on the outside to keep them cold and crunchy.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Flatten refrigerator biscuits to about 3 1/2 inches across. I used Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits that come in a 4 pack. Top them with shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded cheddar cheese and browned hamburger pieces. I used precooked beef crumbles that are meant to be used as pizza toppings. Next, I added bacon bits. The bacon bits were precooked, but I microwaved them for about 30 seconds to make them more crispy. Then, add a little more cheese, if desired, and sprinkle with some black pepper and onion powder.
Gather the edges up around the toppings. I had to stretch the dough a bit to get it to come together. Just don’t stretch too much or the dough will tear. Then, pinch together at the top.
Place the pizza balls into a greased pie pan with the seams (or pinched side) on the bottom. Brush the tops with a beaten egg white.
Sprinkle the tops with grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 425°F for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Bacon cheeseburger pizza balls have to be served with pickle slices, ketchup and french fries, right? They taste so good with a slice of a pickle and a dab of ketchup on each bite. I made these for an after school snack for my kids, but if you want to make them for a larger crowd or for a meal, just increase the number of pizza balls you make and put them into a 9×13″ pan instead of a pie pan.
- 10 refrigerator biscuits
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup browned hamburger pieces
- ¼ cup crispy bacon bits
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Egg white, beaten
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Flatten the refrigerator biscuits and top them with shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, browned hamburger pieces and bacon bits.
- Then, add a little more cheese, if desired, and sprinkle with some black pepper and onion powder.
- Gather the edges up around the toppings and pinch together at the top. Place the pizza balls into a greased pie pan with the seam on the bottom.
- Brush the tops with a beaten egg white.
- Sprinkle the tops with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425°F for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with pickle slices and ketchup.