Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Doughnuts are pefect for fall. This baked doughnut recipe is easy to make.
We spent the first part of Labor Day weekend at our friend’s house in South Dakota. On Saturday morning, the guys made everyone omelets. It is a fun tradition we have and a great way to spend a Saturday morning. Later in the day, we had a pool party and my friend’s mom made us some delicious homemade pizza. One pizza was meat lovers pizza, another was taco pizza and another was sauerkraut pizza! It was my first time trying sauerkraut and the pizza was delicious! We got home Sunday evening and I woke up Monday morning with an awful head cold. So, Labor Day was spent taking cold medicine and trying to feel better. After getting tired of reading magazines, I decided to make some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Baked Doughnuts.
Boy, am I happy to have pumpkin desserts back! We had pumpkin bars at my friend’s house this weekend and I am really looking forward to the cooler autumn weather. My mother-in-law makes the best pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and I wanted to try out my new mini doughnut pan so I used that as my inspiration. Start by mixing the wet ingredients in a bowl: pumpkin, buttermilk, melted butter and an egg.
Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl and mix together.
Pipe the batter into the mini doughnut pan.
Bake for 6-7 minutes at 425 degrees.
Brush the doughnuts with melted butter.
Dip in a mixture of sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
Yum! My friend’s son is sure that my daughter Vanessa takes the bites out of my desserts so that I can take pictures.
Another way to enjoy the pumpkin chocolate chip doughnuts is topped with cream cheese frosting.
I asked my family which ones they like more. They said they were both delicious and couldn’t pick a favorite.
- 1 cup pumpkin
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Sprinkle of ground ginger
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- Mix together pumpkin, buttermilk, vanilla, melted butter and egg.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg into the wet ingredients.
- Stir wet and dry ingredients together.
- Mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Pipe batter into greased mini doughnut pans.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 6-7 minutes.
- With a mixer, cream together cream cheese and butter.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar.
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon, ground ginger and nutmeg.
- Brush melted butter onto the doughnuts.
- Coat with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Here are a few more pumpkin desserts: