When planning dishes for your holiday dinners, who do you mainly have in mind? Adults or Kids? I’ve got to admit that I’m usually thinking about the adults favorite dishes from sweet potato pecan casserole to cranberry salad. So, I’m excited to share this holiday side dish recipe for Cheesy Potato Puffs that kids will love but will still impress the grown ups!
Crystal Farms Cheese is a favorite in our house. We almost always have Crystal Farms String Cheese in our fridge. On the few occasions that I have bought another brand because the store didn’t have the Crystal Farms brand in stock, my family asks me if I can please buy the brand that we usually buy “you know the string cheese in the blue bag” meaning Crystal Farms. This recipe for Cheesy Potato Puffs stars Crystal Farms Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese!
Crystal Farms has been committed to providing the highest quality products to their consumers, since 1926. Crystal Farms has called Lake Mills, Wisconsin home for the past 25 years. The hard-working, honest people of Lake Mills are devoted to delivering consistent quality and great tasting products for what they love – cheese – and is shows because today the Crystal Farms® brand is one of the largest cheese brands in the country! Crystal Farms products are a rich source of calcium, natural products with few preservatives, gluten-free, lactose tolerant, and are located in the refrigerated dairy section.
First, make the cheesy mashed potatoes, allow them to cool, scoop into balls, and roll in crushed cheddar crackers for extra cheesy flavor and crunch.
Bake the cheesy potato puffs on a greased baking sheet for 8-10 minutes.
The kids will love the Cheesy Potato Puffs plain and the adults can top them with sour cream and chives. This kid-friendly holiday side dish is sure to be a favorite of kids and adults alike. These Cheesy Potato Puffs would also be a delicious, savory appetizer!
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1¼ cup milk
- 1 cup Crystal Farms Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1⅓ cup instant potato flakes
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup crushed cheese crackers
- Bring water and butter to a boil.
- Add milk, cheese, salt and garlic. Bring to a boil, stirring often, remove from heat.
- Stir in instant potato flakes.
- Temper the beaten egg by stirring in one tablespoon of the potatoes.
- Stir the egg mixture into the mashed potatoes.
- Put the cheesy mashed potatoes in the fridge and allow them to cool.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make potato balls with a medium dough scoop (about 1½ tablespoons) for even sized balls (or use a spoon).
- Roll the mashed potato balls in the crushed cheese crackers.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet at 350 degrees, for 8-10 minutes, until puffed and golden
I’m super excited to also be hosting a giveaway for a 14” Oval Le Creuset Stoneware Dish in blue (Marseille)! I so wish that I could win one! You can enter below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.