Applebee’s used to have a pizza sticks appetizer and when I was dating my husband, we love ordering them. Unfortunately, it is no longer on their menu so we usually order mozzarella sticks but I came up with a simple copycat recipe for the pizza sticks so we can enjoy them at home!
After school snacks were always a big deal when I was a kid and I wish I were as good as my mom about making them for my kids. They usually end up grabbing something premade and prepackaged but every once in awhile I make them something homemade and they really appreciate it.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough
- Melted Butter
- Shredded Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Pizza Sauce
- Thaw and raise a loaf of frozen bread dough.
- Spread the dough out into a well greased jelly roll pan and cut the into sticks.
- Brush the top of the sticks with melted butter
- Top with pepperoni, shredded cheese, garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut the pizza sticks again, if needed, and serve with pizza sauce.