Pretzel Turtles are so easy to make! They could be used for Christmas cookies or given as gifts in a jar!
You can satisfy your sweet tooth in a hurry with Pretzel Turtles! There are only 3 ingredients, pretzels, caramel filled chocolates and nuts!
Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line the pretzels up on a cookie sheet.
Unwrap your caramel filled chocolates…mine are Rolos. This is the longest step!
Put one unwrapped Rolo (or other chocolate with caramel inside) on top of each pretzel.
Put cookie sheet in the oven for 3-5 minutes, until the chocolates are soft but not melted. Rolos have thicker chocolate than something like Dove Promises with caramel so they will take closer to 5 minutes to soften.
Press one toasted nut (walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts or almonds) into each Rolo.
That’s it…it’s that easy!
If you are in a super duper hurry for sugar, you can do a few of these at a time in the microwave. Depending on your microwave, it takes about 30 seconds to soften the Rolos.
- Rolos (or other caramel filled chocolates)
- Toasted Nuts (walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts or almonds)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line cookie sheet with pretzels.
- Unwrap caramel filled chocolates.
- Place one chocolate on each pretzel.
- Place cookie sheet in oven for 3-5 minutes until chocolates are soft but not melted.
- Press one toasted nut into each chocolate.