Nutella Mousse Cups are bite sized desserts that are perfect for parties. They have a chocolate shell and are filled with Nutella Mousse.
I first heard about Nutella from my neighbors when I was a kid. I was friends with one of their kids and her parents were from Germany. Her grandparents still lived in Germany and they would send German chocolate and Nutella to my friend. I was so impressed that they got to put Nutella on toast and eat it like peanut butter! Now, Nutella is a staple in our house but I am most likely to use it in desserts. I try to share the desserts I make with family or friends or put the dessert into the freezer. This time I made individual sized Nutella Mousse Cups. They are easy to store and fun to serve!
Using a cold bowl and a cold beaters (I put mine in the freezer for 20 minutes before using them), beat 1 cup of heavy whipping cream until peaks form. Gently fold in 1/2 cup of Nutella.
Melt chocolate candy coating (I used CandiQuik) in microwave. Coat the inside of mini foil muffin cups with melted chocolate. Allow it to harden before adding a second coat. Fill a pastry bag with the Nutella Mousse and the fill the chocolate cups.
Carefully peel off the foil and place the Nutella Mousse Cups on a tray.
Add a chocolate curl and a sprinkle of cocoa for garnish. I stored these Nutella Mousse Cups in the freezer. Other than the chocolate curl being pressed into the mousse a bit, it worked great. The chocolate curl could be added once the Nutella Mousse Cups have been thawed.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup Nutella
- 1 package of chocolate candy coating
- Using a cold bowl and cold beaters, beat 1 cup of whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in ½ cup of Nutella. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Melt chocolate candy coating in microwave.
- Coat the inside of mini foil muffin cups with melted chocolate. Allow it to harden before adding a second coat.
- Fill a pastry bag with the Nutella mousse and fill the chocolate cups.
Love Nutella as much as I do? Here are a few more recipes to check out.