This Orange Creamsicle Puppy Chow is sweet and crunchy with a touch of citrus. It is a delicious summer dessert idea.
When I made my Root Beer Float Puppy Chow, I also made this Orange Creamsicle Puppy Chow, aka Orange Creamsicle Muddy Buddies. I served both of them at my Ice Cream Float Party. No one could really pick a favorite because they like both flavors. Puppy chow is perfect for parties or even for a snack. It is easy to make and very portable.
You can increase or decrease the amount of orange depending on how much of the citrus flavor you want.
- 4½ cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 tsp orange flavored oil (LorAnn Oils)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange sugar crystals (sprinkles)
- Measure Rice Chex into a large bowl and set aside.
- Put white chocolate chips and shortening into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stir and then microwave for 30 seconds longer.
- Add orange flavored oil and stir well.
- Pour mixture over the Rice Chex and gently stir to coat.
- Put chocolate coated Rice Chex into a gallon sized ziplock plastic bag.
- Add the powdered sugar and orange sugar crystals.
- Zip the top of the bag shut and shake until the cereal is coated.
- Spread on a piece of waxed paper to cool.