Philly Cheesesteak Bites are Pillsbury biscuits stuffed with meat, cheese, onions and peppers. It’s been a long time since I’ve posted a new pizza rolls recipe, but they are something we still enjoy. My son even requested Cheese Bombs as part of his birthday dinner!
The first time I ever tried a cheesesteak sandwich was while on vacation with my family on the east coast. My mom and dad, who were vacationing with us, brought us to a restaurant that made their favorite Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches. The sandwich shop was a very popular place with the line going out the door, but we waited for our sandwiches while chatting and enjoying the delicious smells coming from the kitchen. When we finally got our food, it was definitely worth the wait and I’ve loved cheesesteak sandwiches ever since!
To make these Philly Cheesesteak Bites, the first step is to chop the green pepper and onion and fry them in butter.
Roughly chop thinly sliced roast beef and fry it in butter.
Flatten Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits. Cut slices of Provolone cheese into 4 pieces and put 2 pieces on each biscuit. Top with 1 tbsp of the cooked onion and green pepper mix. Add 1 tbsp roast beef. Cut slices of American cheese into 4 pieces and put 2 pieces on the roast beef.
Gather edges of the biscuits around the toppings and pinch to seal. Place in a greased, round baking dish with the seams down. Brush with olive oil.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
It is best to eat these Philly Cheesesteak Bites while they are still warm and fresh from the oven. They can be warmed up later, if you have leftovers, but the texture of the biscuits won’t be the same.
- 1 green pepper
- ½ onion
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 5 oz thinly sliced roast beef
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 package (10 count) Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Dice green pepper and onion.
- Cook diced green peppers and onions mover medium heat with 1 tbsp butter until onions are browned and green peppers are softened.
- Roughly chop sliced roast beef.
- Fry with 1 tbsp butter until edges are a little crispy.
- Flatten biscuits.
- Cut slices of Provolone cheese into 4 pieces and put 2 pieces on each biscuit.
- Top with 1 tbsp of the onion and green pepper mix.
- Add 1 tbsp roast beef.
- Cut slices of American cheese into 4 pieces and put 2 pieces on the roast beef.
- Gather edges of the biscuits around the toppings and pinch to seal.
- Place in a greased, round baking dish with the seams down.
- Brush the tops with olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Love pizza rolls? Here are a few more to try: