This post brought to you by Silk. All opinions are 100% mine.
Did you have a nice Mother’s Day? We had a wonderful weekend. We had nice weather with some sporadic rain and my tulips came up. The grass had been bright green for a while now, but finally we are starting to see a little green coming out on the trees. The nice weather puts everyone in a great mood and calls for summer flavors like the combination of pineapple and coconut. These super moist Pina Colada Muffins are made with several coconut products including coconut sugar, coconut oil, coconut flour and Silk Vanilla Coconutmilk. They are so good and are the perfect thing to enjoy with a cup of coffee with Silk Vanilla Coconutmilk used as a dairy free creamer. Silk Coconutmilk is a great tasting treat and a tropical/exotic addition to cooking & recipes.
I made a few batches of these Pina Colada muffins, making small changes to the recipe. The first try was too moist and the second batch was too dry, but the third time was a charm and they turned out perfect! To make the muffins, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set it aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, honey and coconut sugar. Whisk in melted coconut oil. Add Silk Vanilla Coconutmilk and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients from the small bowl. Gently stir and fold until just combined. Stir in crushed pineapple and 1/2 cup of shredded coconut. (Be sure to drain the crushed pineapple well to keep the muffins from becoming too moist.) Divide the batter between 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
Sprinkle the remaining shredded coconut over the tops of the muffins.
Bake at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool completely in the pan. I put mine in the fridge to speed up the process a little.
These Pina Colada Muffins turned out so good. They can be eaten for breakfast, as a snack or as dessert!
Silk Coconutmilk is a great milk alternative and can be part of a vegetarian diet or vegan diet. Be sure to visit www.silk.com/coconutmilk to download a $1.00 Silk Coconutmilk coupon after registering and share the coupon with three friends. You can also find more recipe inspiration on the Silk Coconutmilk Pinterest page and at www.silk.com/coconutmilk!
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup Silk Vanilla Coconutmilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, honey and coconut sugar.
- Whisk in melted coconut oil.
- Add Silk Vanilla Coconutmilk and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients from the small bowl. Gently stir and fold until just combined.
- Stir in crushed pineapple and ½ cup of shredded coconut.
- Divide between 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded coconut.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.