Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups recipe for Valentine’s Day with red velvet cookie cups, chocolate ganache, a pretzel handle and mini marshmallows.
With Valentine’s Day sneaking up on us, it was time to share a Valentine’s Day cookie cup recipe! These Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups start with store bought red velvet cookie dough but you can make your own if you prefer. They are time-consuming to make so if you are short on time and patience, skip the pretzel handles.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links to the exact items I used to make these cookie cups. There is no additional cost to you, but I will earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. Thank you for your support!
Cut Pillsbury Red Velvet Cookies in half, roll into balls and coat with granulated sugar.
Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes in a greased silicone mini muffin pan. (You can use a regular mini muffin pan but I’ve never had them stick when I use the silicone pan.) Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing them from the pan.
Melt red candy melts in the microwave and attach the pretzel loops for handles.
I’ve found that it helps to place cookie cups back in the mini muffin pan until the candy coating has hardened.
Bring heavy cream to a boil in the microwave, whisk in hot chocolate mix and pour in chocolate chips. Allow the chocolate chips to sit for 3 minutes and then stir until smooth. Place the chocolate ganache in the fridge for cool for about 10 minutes.
As the chocolate ganache cools, it will continue to thicken.
These Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups are adorable for Valentine’s Day! The combination of red velvet cookies and smooth chocolate ganache is amazing.
Check out my cookie cups video for details:
- 1 package Pillsbury Red Velvet Cookie Dough (or 24 tbsp of red velvet cookie dough)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 24 pretzel loops for handles
- ¼ cup red candy melts
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp hot chocolate mix
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits Mini Marshmallows
- Heart shaped sprinkles
- Cut the cookie dough rounds in half. Roll them into balls and coat with sugar.
- Bake in a greased silicone mini muffin pan at 375 degrees for 11-13 minutes. Allow the cookie cups to cool completely before removing them from the pan.
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave. Dip the pretzel handles in the melted candy coating and attach to the sides of the cookie cups. Place cookie cups on their sides in the mini muffin pan to harden. (This step is VERY time-consuming. Leave the handles off if you don't have the extra time.)
- Bring the cream to a boil in the microwave. Whisk in the hot chocolate mix and pour in the chocolate chips. Allow them to sit for 3 minutes and then gently stir until smooth. Cool in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate ganache into the cookie cups. Top with mini marshmallows and heart shaped sprinkles.
- Store in the fridge.
Love cookie cups? Try these recipes:
Follow my Valentine’s Day board for more great ideas: