This Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs recipe is so easy to make and only requires three ingredients. The result is fork tender, delicious BBQ ribs!
I love that I can put the boneless ribs in my Crock Pot in the morning and they are ready by dinnertime.
This recipe is inspired by my friend Becky who made this kind of BBQ ribs for me and my kids. When our kids were little and our husbands would be away for work, we used to get together for dinner in the evening. It was fun to cook for each other and the kids enjoyed playing together. Before she made these slow cooker barbecue ribs for me, I never realized there was such a thing as country style boneless ribs and now I prefer them because they are easier to eat.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links to the items I used to make these slow cooker barbecue ribs. There is no additional cost to you, but I may earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. Thank you for your support!
Sprinkle all sides of about 2 1/2 pounds of boneless, country style pork ribs with cajun seasoning. Spread one cup of barbecue sauce over the bottom of your slow cooker. Add the seasoned ribs. Top with another cup of barbecue sauce. Cover and cook for 5-6 on high or 6-8 on low, depending on your slow cooker, until fork tender.
Bonus recipe tips:
- I used my 3.5-quart oval CrockPot but they work just as well in my 6-quart CrockPot.
- I typically buy the country style pork ribs but have accidently purchased the country style beef ribs and they’ve turned out great as well.
- I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Original Barbecue Sauce but any brand or even your homemade barbecue sauce can be used instead.
- Need ribs for a crowd? Just add more ribs and more barbecue sauce.
Remove the barbecue ribs from the slow cooker and top with additional barbecue sauce, if desired.
The slow cooker barbecue ribs were fork-tender and full of flavor! Try serving these barbecue ribs with oven roasted potatoes and corn on the cob.
- Sprinkle all sides of the boneless, country style pork ribs with cajun seasoning.
- Spread one cup of barbecue sauce over the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add the seasoned ribs.
- Top with another cup of barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 on high or 6-8 on low, depending on your slow cooker, until fork tender.
- Remove from slow cooker and top with remaining ½ cup of barbecue sauce, if desired.
Updated from original recipe posted September 2014
More slow cooker recipes your family will love: