Welcome back from break and happy Monday! I am feeling rather groggy today. It has been more than two weeks since we’ve had to get up before the crack of dawn. But it is time to switch from vacation mode, back into work mode.
Three of my crockpot recipes were in the 20 most popular recipes from 2014, which tells me that all of you love using your crock pot as much as I love using mine! So, I am going to try to share more slow cooker recipes with you this year. The first recipe I want to share, is for Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Meatballs. They are similar to Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken and can be used as a meal or as an appetizer.
Pour one 2 pound package of about 50 fully cooked, frozen meatballs in your slow cooker.
Whisk together honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, barbecue sauce, crushed red peppers and brown sugar.
Pour the honey sesame sauce over the meatballs.
Stir to coat.
Cook the meatballs on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until they are heated through. Stir the meatballs every hour for a more even coating of sauce. These delicious meatballs can be served over rice for dinner or as a fabulous party appetizer!
- 2 lb (32 oz) about 50 fully cooked, frozen meatballs
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp crushed red peppers
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Put the frozen meatballs into slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic and crushed red peppers.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and stir to coat.
- Cook on high for 3½ - 4 hours, stirring every hour, until heated through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
More slow cooker recipes: