One of my families favorite foods to eat is pizza. There was a pizza restaurant in a city close to ours that closed recently and we were so disappointed. We loved going to that specific pizza place because they had so many different kinds of pizza. One of our favorites was the mac & cheese pizza and I’ve shared recipe for my own version of the macaroni and cheese pizza. Today I’m excited to share a new pizza recipe that also features pasta. This time, it’s Spaghetti and Meatballs Pizza that features creamy Alfredo baked spaghetti topped with meatballs and sauce.
Start by making the Alfredo sauce on the range. Bring half-n-half cream, minced garlic, pepper and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add the butter and softened cream cheese, stir until smooth. Using a fork (or a whisk) whisk in shredded Parmesan cheese, one cup at a time, until smooth.
While the Alfredo is cooking, make the spaghetti noodles in a separate pot. Pour the Alfredo sauce over cooked pasta. If it looks like too much Alfredo leave about 1/2 cup aside. Spread the creamy Alfredo pasta out on a prebaked pizza crust. I used a store-bought pizza crust to make things easier, but you can use homemade if you prefer.
Sprinkle with one cup of shredded Mozzarella Cheese. Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden and heated through.
While the pizzas baking, heat the meatballs and spaghetti sauce. Remove the pizza from the oven, top with warm spaghetti sauce and meatballs. Sprinkle the pizza with shredded Parmesan cheese.
I used my kitchen sheers to cut this baked spaghetti pizza into slices. You can see the creamy Alfredo spaghetti on the crust and the spicy spaghetti sauce and meatballs on top!
My family thought the spaghetti and meatball pizza was fantastic but be warned it’s very filling. You won’t need as many pieces of pizza as you usually would. The combination of the creamy baked Alfredo spaghetti with the meatballs and sauce is so much fun to eat on a pizza!
- 6 cups cooked thin spaghetti (about ¾ of 16 oz box)
- Alfredo Sauce (recipe below)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 14 Italian meatballs
- 1½ cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 pint half-n-half cream
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bring half-n-half cream, minced garlic, pepper and salt to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the butter and cream cheese, stir until smooth.
- Using a fork (or a whisk), stir in the shredded Parmesan cheese, one cup at a time, until smooth.
- While the Alfredo sauce is cooking, make the spaghetti noodles in a separate pot.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce over cooked pasta. You might have about ½ cup of leftover Alfredo.
- Spread the creamy Alfredo pasta out on a prebaked pizza crust.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden and heated through.
- While the pizzas baking, heat the meatballs and spaghetti sauce. Remove the pizza from the oven, top with warm spaghetti sauce and meatballs.
- Sprinkle the pizza with two tablespoons of shredded Parmesan cheese.