This Easy Pepperoni Stromboli recipe is a family favorite. Crave-worthy bread dough wrapped around layers of cheese and pepperoni!
I’ve been making this easy pepperoni stromboli recipe for almost 10 years and my family would still eat it weekly if I made it for them that often! My husband and daughters love it with pepperoni and my son prefers plain cheese stromboli.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links.
Start with the dough. I use frozen bread dough because it is so easy but you can make homemade bread or pizza dough if you prefer. Let the bread thaw and rise. You only need ONE LOAF for this recipe but I always make two for my family as you can see in the photo above. Spread on the loaf of dough into a greased jelly roll pan or a sheet pan.
In a small bowl, mix together a whole egg, an egg yolk (separate the egg white into a separate bowl and save for later), olive oil, grated parmesan, powdered ranch dressing mix, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and black pepper.
Spread the egg filling into the center of the dough. Top with shredded cheese, slices of pepper jack cheese and pepperoni.
There are a couple of ways to fold the stromboli. The first one is by folding up the ends and then the sides of the dough. Pinch the seams together and flip the entire loaf over so that the seam rests on the bottom.
The second way is to cut small slits along the length of the dough. Pull dough segments from opposite sides of the dough to the center and twist/pinch to hold them together.
Brush the top of the stromboli loaf with the beaten egg white and sprinkle with grated parmesan. Go ahead and sprinkle with additional Italian seasoning if you want.
Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes, until golden on top and cooked through. The smell of this easy pepperoni stromboli, when it is baking, is amazing! Once I bought it to my friend’s house all ready to bake. She lived in a townhouse at the time and one of the women from a couple of doors down smelled it baking and just had to have the recipe!
And when you cut into the stromboli you can see the delicious layers inside. This Easy Pepperoni Stromboli recipe very versatile and is sure to become a popular request. Add your family’s favorite seasonings and toppings to make it your own.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough
- 2 eggs, divided
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp powdered ranch dressing mix
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1½ cups shredded cheese (any blend)
- 3 large slices of pepper jack cheese
- 21 pepperoni slices (more if desired)
- Allow the loaf of frozen bread dough to thaw and rise.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread dough into a greased jelly roll or sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together a whole egg, an egg yolk (separate the egg white and set aside), olive oil, one tablespoon grated parmesan, powdered ranch dressing mix, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and black pepper.
- Spread the egg filling into the center of the dough.
- Top with shredded cheese, slices of pepper jack cheese and pepperoni.
- There are two ways to fold the loaf. You can fold the sides of the dough up and over the toppings in the middle. Press and seal the seam. Turn the whole loaf over so that the seam is on the bottom.
- Or cut small slits in the sides of the dough. Pull dough segments from opposite sides of the loaf, up over the toppings, twist and press the together. (See the VIDEO above recipe to see the technique.)
- Beat egg white slightly and brush on loaf.
- Sprinkle with one tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes, until golden on top and cooked through.
Updated from original recipe shared March 2011