This post brought to you by McCormick & Company. All opinions are 100% mine.
Taco Casserole is a ground beef recipe that makes a delicious family meal. It is easy to make with McCormick Taco Seasoning Mix.
One of my weekly dilemmas is what to make for dinner. I think family meals are important but I am not always the best at planning ahead. I try to keep the basics on hand like meat and spices but it is the fresh ingredients that I need to buy. Luckily, we have a small grocery store in town that I can stop at to pick up last minute ingredients for easy homemade meals. Last week, one of the meals we had was a Taco Casserole made with ground beef and McCormick Taco Seasoning Mix using the recipe I found at McCormick.com. It was so delicious and really easy to make.
Brown ground beef and add McCormick Taco Seasoning Mix. I have always used this taco seasoning and it is what my mom always used when I was growing up. McCormick Taco Seasoning Mix is the perfect blend of spices for a flavorful meal!
Add one can of tomato paste, drained and rinsed black beans (The recipe calls for pinto beans but I used black beans instead.) and drained Mexican-style corn.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Spoon into a baking dish, top with shredded cheese and coarsely chopped tortilla chips. Bake for 5-10 minutes at 400 degrees until cheese is melted.
While the casserole is baking, chop green onions, tomato, avocado and cilantro.
Remove casserole from the oven. Before serving, top the casserole with the tomatoes, green onion, cilantro and avocado. Serve with additional tortilla chips and sour cream.
Enter to win a Homemade In America McCormick Gift Set:
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 package McCormick® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat.
- Stir in Seasoning Mix, beans, tomato sauce and corn. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Spoon into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with assorted toppings, if desired.