This beef and broccoli recipe is easy to make and more delicious than Chinese take out. It’s a family friendly 30 minute meal everyone will love.
The weather here in Minnesota has turned absolutely gorgeous! After the below zero temps a couple of weeks ago, 60 degrees feels balmy and everyone is in a great mood. The kids have been playing outside as soon as they get out of school and families are out taking walks.
We are never sure how long the warm spring weather will last but we are going to soak up every minute of it while we can. The nice weather calls for easy dinner recipes and this beef and broccoli recipe can be ready in less than 30 minutes!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the Beef and Broccoli recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the meal, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Beef and Broccoli
Step One: Sauce
Start by mixing up the sauce so that it is ready when you need it. Whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, pepper flakes, cornstarch, and beef broth. Set it aside until later.
Step Two: Beef
Next, mix up two tablespoons of cornstarch, water, and garlic. Add the sliced flank steak and stir to coat.
Now, heat two tablespoons of oil in a frying pan. Cook the beef for 3-4 minutes until cooked through, stirring often. Remove the beef from the frying pan and set it aside.
Step Three: Veggies
Use the same pan to cook the sliced broccoli and onion wedges. Stir fry until tender.
Step Four: Combine
Once the veggies are tender, add the cooked steak and the prepared sauce mixture. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes, until thickened.
Serve the beef and broccoli over rice and then head back outside to enjoy the wonderful spring weather!
Beef and Broccoli Recipe FAQs
1) What other cuts of beef can I use to make this? I recommend using a flank steak or skirt steak.
2) Wondering what to cook with beef and broccoli? I would suggest serving the beef and broccoli over rice or noodles. For sides try making an Asian salad, egg rolls, steamed vegetables, potstickers or cream cheese puffs.
3) Is beef and broccoli gluten free? As long as you use a gluten free soy sauce and beef broth, the rest of the ingredients should be gluten free but always check the labels to be sure.
4) What can I add to make this spicier? I would suggest adding more red pepper flakes or some sriracha sauce. On the other hand, you can leave the red pepper flakes out if you don’t want any heat.
Want More Asian Cuisine? Try These Recipes Next:
Orange Chicken: This 30-minute skillet recipe for orange chicken is easy to make and so delicious! It’s an easy dinner recipe that your whole family will love.
Honey Garlic Chicken: This Honey Garlic Chicken recipe is so easy to prepare and will be a family favorite! Made with chicken breasts and a four ingredient honey garlic sauce. Add cut up broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, carrots or peas for honey garlic chicken stir fry.
Stir Fry Sauce: This stir fry sauce recipe can be used for vegetables, chicken, beef, shrimp, and pork. It is super easy to make and totally adaptable. Store in the fridge or freezer for later!
General Tso Chicken: Skip the takeout and make this General Tso Chicken recipe at home! It’s easy to make and full of flavor. Serve over rice or noodles for a family dinner.
This beef and broccoli recipe is easy to make and more delicious than Chinese take out. It's a family friendly 30 minute meal everyone will love.
- Mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, pepper flakes, one tablespoon of cornstarch and beef broth. Set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix two tablespoons of cornstarch, water and garlic. Add the sliced beef and stir to coat.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a frying pan over medium high heat and stir fry the coated beef for 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Remove the beef from the frying pan and set aside.
- Add the broccoli and onions to the frying pan and stir fry for 3-5 minutes, until tender.
- Return the beef to the pan. Add the soy sauce mixture. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve the beef and broccoli over rice.