This French Silk Pie Pops recipe is like pie on a stick! These chocolate popsicles are perfect for summer!
How was your Father’s Day weekend? We went camping this weekend with a few other families and it was so much fun! It rained really early Saturday morning, but luckily our tent kept us dry. Other than that the weather was beautiful. We ate all sorts of delicious camping food from walking tacos to skillet pizza and s’mores to chocolate cream filled biscuits. I also brought a French Silk Pie to share that I made while making these French Silk Pie Pops. I used the same recipe for both the popsicles and the pie. It is an eggless French Silk Pie recipe, so you don’t have to worry about eating raw eggs.
First, melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and set is aside to cool. Next, make the whipped cream and set it aside in the fridge. Then, beat the softened cream cheese. Add the sugar and cooled chocolate, mix well. Finally beat in the whipped cream, until smooth.
Fill the popsicle molds with the French Silk Pie filling, leaving space for the graham cracker crust. I used a pastry bag to fill mine.
As you can see in the photo, I only filled four molds. That is because the rest of my molds are lost and I didn’t discover that until after I had already made the chocolate filling.. I searched the house, questioned my kids and finally gave up. Either they are hiding in a very special place or they were accidently thrown away. But this recipe makes enough for at least six popsicles.
Blend together graham crackers, cream cheese, sugar and butter until it starts clumping together.
Spoon the graham cracker crust mixture into the molds and pack it in place.
Insert a popsicle stick into each mold and place them in the freezer overnight to harden.
Hold the molds under water for a few seconds to help loosen them. Top the chocolate popsicles with whipped cream and chocolate curls. My kids loved these French Silk Pie Pops and said they taste just like French Silk Pie without the traditional pie crust!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Chocolate curls
- Beat the heavy cream until thickened.
- Add the sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and set is aside to cool.
- Beat the softened cream cheese.
- Add the powdered sugar and cooled chocolate, mix well.
- Beat in the whipped cream, until smooth.
- Blend together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, granulated sugar and cream cheese until it starts to clump together.
- Fill the popsicle molds with the French Silk Pie filling, leaving space for the crust.
- Spoon the graham cracker crust mixture into the molds and pack it in place.
- Insert a popsicle stick into each mold and place them in the freezer overnight to harden.
- Hold the molds under water for a few seconds to help loosen them,
- Top the pops with whipped cream and chocolate curls.