Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders are oven baked and so easy to make. They are crunchy and flavorful on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. Skip the fast food and make these for dinner instead!
Everyone loves chicken tenders but no one wants to be the one to stand around frying them! So make garlic parmesan chicken tenders in the oven instead.
Oven baked chicken tenders are on our family menu at least once a month. Just cut chicken strips, coat the chicken and bake all the chicken tenders in one pan.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders
Cut boneless skinless chicken breasts into four strips.
Melt butter in the microwave in a wide, shallow bowl.
Dip the chicken tenders in the melted butter.
Coat the chicken tenders in the breadcrumb mixture.
Place the coated chicken tenders on a large, rimmed baking sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
Optional: Flip the chicken tenders over halfway through cooking to help brown both sides. If the chicken tenders are sticking, use a thin, metal spatula/turner to flip the chicken tenders (making sure to scrape up the coating along with the chicken).
To brown the chicken tenders a bit more, put them under the broiler for a couple of minutes.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders Recipe Tips
1. How can I make these into garlic parmesan chicken nuggets? Cut the chicken breasts into nugget size instead of tenders and then follow the rest of the recipe.
2. Want more garlic? Add a teaspoon of garlic powder to the breadcrumbs mixture.
3. Do you have instructions for frying these chicken tenders? Follow steps 1-5 to cut and coat the chicken. Then, heat two tablespoons of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook about 6 chicken tenders for 3-4 minutes per side until the fully cooked. Repeat the process with more oil and chicken tenders. Do not overcrowd the chicken in the pan or it won’t be able to get crispy.
4. How can I get my chicken tenders crispier? Try cooking the chicken tenders on a wire baking rack on top of the baking sheet if you are having issues with getting crispy tenders.
5. Any other tips for making the chicken tenders crispier? After cooking them, brown them under the broiler for a couple of minutes.
6. My chicken tenders stuck to the pan. Any tips? Allow them to cool a bit and then use a thin, metal spatula/turner to scrape the chicken tenders along with the breading off the pan.
Must Try Chicken Tenders Recipes
Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders from the Gunny Sack: A 30 minute, kid-friendly recipe for crispy, baked, Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders that are crunchy and flavorful on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
Copycat Noodles and Company Parmesan Chicken and Buttered Noodles from The Gunny Sack: This recipe is a quick way to make one of your favorites at home!
Key Lime Chicken Tenders from The Gunny Sack: These Key Lime Chicken Tenders have a crunchy coating, a light lime flavor and the chicken is tender and moist. They’re my family’s favorite chicken recipe!