I’ve seen these baked potato fans around and I really wanted to make some. Of course, I decided at the last minute to make these for dinner so I had to come up with a quicker version and they were so delicious, not to mention pretty! Wouldn’t they be great for serving during the holidays?
Wash and peel 1/2 of each potato…I did 3 potatoes. They peel could also be left on, if desired!
Prick holes in the potatoes with a fork and place them in a microwaveable dish. Put 1/4 cup of water into the bottom of the dish and cover with a lid. Microwave for about 10 minutes so the potatoes are partially cooked.
Place potatoes on a baking sheet and cut into thin slices without going all the way through.
Fan the slices slightly and drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 425°F for 30-35 minutes or until the potatoes are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Top with butter, garlic powder, salt, pepper, shredded cheese and bacon bits. If you are making these for a crowd, skip the microwave step and bake for about 50 minutes.
Baked Potato Fans
- Clean potatoes and peel the top half.
- Poke holes in the potatoes with a fork and place in a microwavable bowl.
- Put 1/4 cup of water into the bowl and cover with a lid.
- Cook in the microwave for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the bowl and place on a baking sheet.
- Cut into thick slices, without going all of the way through.
- Fan the slices slightly and brush with olive oil.
- Bake at 425°F for 30-35 minutes or until the potato is soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Top with butter, garlic, salt, pepper, shredded cheese and bacon bits.