Orange Cream Puppy Chow aka Muddy Buddies are a yummy combination of sweet vanilla and citrusy orange is perfect for summer.
The kids are on summer vacation and always looking for snacks. I’m not sure if they are growing like weeds or if they are already bored (probably a little of both) but they always want to eat.
My brother-in-law’s kids were here the other day and they were hungry too…so I fed them Orange Cream Puppy Chow, aka Muddy Buddies and they gobbled it up in no time letting me know that it was REALLY GOOD!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Melt butter in the microwave and then stir in the sugar. Return to the microwave for 30 seconds, stir until smooth and then mix in vanilla extract and LorAnn orange oil. Pour the mixture over Rice Chex cereal and stir to coat. Heat the sugar coated cereal in the microwave for four minutes, stirring every minute. Spread the cereal on a foil lined pan.
Allow the white chocolate and candy melts to cool and harden before breaking the muddy buddies apart. They look pretty stored in wide mouth mason jars.
These Orange Cream Puppy Chow are great for taking with you on your summer adventures from a picnic at a local park to a family road trip. The combination of sweet vanilla and citrusy orange is perfect for summer.
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- Stir in sugar and heavy cream (or water) and microwave on high for 30 seconds, until it can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla extract and orange oil.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal and stir to coat. Microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Add powdered sugar and stir to coat. Spread on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave, spoon into a plastic sandwich bag, snip the corner and drizzle over the muddy buddies. Repeat with the orange candy melts.
More Muddy Buddies Recipes: