Either everyone is catching on to how delicious spaghetti squash is or they are trying to eat healthier in the new year because I had a hard time finding spaghetti squash in the grocery stores! I was searching for another product for an upcoming post and had to visit several stores to find it, so I also checked the stores for spaghetti squash. Eventually I did find some and I can’t wait to eat it this week! So, today I want to share a recipe for spaghetti squash with meatballs.
First, cook your spaghetti squash and remove the strands. (Wondering how to cook spaghetti squash? Here’s my recipe for How To Cook Spaghetti Squash In The Microwave.) Mix in your favorite spaghetti sauce. The amount of sauce needed will depend on the size of the spaghetti squash you cooked.
Fill the squash bowls halfway with spaghetti squash and sauce. Add a few hot, fully cooked meatballs.
Add some more spaghetti squash, sauce and meatballs until the squash boat is full.
Top it all with some shredded cheese and a sprinkle of oregano.
Cook the spaghetti squash and meatballs in the oven at 350 degrees for about 6-8 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the sauce is hot.
Yummy, cheesy goodness! One of the best things about this recipe for spaghetti squash with meatballs is that it is served right out of the squash halves. The squash makes it own bowls or squash boats that are just plain fun!
- 1 spaghetti squash cooked and halved
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 10 meatballs
- 1/2 cup shredded marble jack cheese
- Cook a spaghetti squash, remove the strands and save the squash halves.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the meatballs according to the directions on the package.
- Mix the spaghetti squash with enough spaghetti sauce to fully coat the strands.
- Fill each squash boat halfway with the spaghetti squash and sauce mixture.
- Add a few meatballs.
- Add a second layer of spaghetti squash and sauce.
- Top with with a couple of meatballs, shredded cheese and a sprinkles of oregano.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is hot.