I’m sharing these Rice Krispies Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches as part of a sponsored post for Unilever. They are a fun combination of ice cream sandwiches and Rice Krispies bars.
Yesterday was my kid’s first day of summer vacation! They are so excited to sleep in and to not have any more homework. I usually try to make them a special treat to celebrate the end of the school year. Even though it isn’t very warm yet, I decided to go with an ice cream treat! I’ve had so much fun making Cinnamon Roll Whoopie Pies and Chocolate Glazed Donut Whoopie Pies that I wanted to make something along those lines. Instead of a whoopie pie, I went with an ice cream sandwich with Rice Krispie bars. My kid’s favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate chip cookie dough so why not add cookie dough to the Rice Krispie bars too?
I made a video showing the last day of school and how to make these treats. The Rice Krispie bars were made using Country Crock® spread. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® and Country Crock® can be used to cook and bake homemade meals without compromising on taste. Country Crock® spread has 70% less saturated fat than butter and it has 30% fewer calories. You can find both of these spreads at your local Walmart. Country Crock® spread was easy to use and worked perfectly in this recipe!
Melt 3 tablespoons of Country Crock® spread in the microwave. Add one bag of mini marshmallows and mix to coat with the melted spread. Return to the microwave for 45 seconds. Stir and put into the microwave for another 45 seconds. Add the Rice Krispies and mix well. As a final step, mix in frozen chocolate covered cookie dough balls (I used Cookie Dough Bites) before putting the bars into a greased pan.
Use a biscuit cutter to cut the Rice Krispie bars into circles once they’ve cool completely. I used the medium size but depending on how big you want the treats to be you could use the smaller or bigger size.
Slice chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream from a cardboard container into thick slices. Use the same sized biscuit cutter to make ice cream rounds.
Sandwich the ice cream rounds between two Rice Krispie bars and roll them in mini chocolate chips before placing in the freezer.
- 3 tbsp Country Crock spread
- 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 cup chocolate covered cookie dough balls
- 1 package chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream in a box
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Place chocolate covered cookie dough balls in the freezer.
- Melt the Country Crock spread in the microwave.
- Add marshmallows and stir until coated.
- Microwave for 45 second and then stir.
- Microwave for another 45 seconds.
- Add cereal and mix well.
- Add frozen chocolate covered cookie dough balls.
- Scrape into a greased 13x9 inch pan. Put hand in a plastic bag and put a little Country Crock spread on it. Pat down the cereal bars.
- Allow bars to cool completely before cutting into circles with a biscuit cutter.
- Remove box from around cookie dough ice cream and cut into thick slices.
- Using the same biscuit cutter, cut circles of ice cream.
- Sandwich ice cream circles between Rice Krispie bars.
- Roll edges in mini chocolate chips, pressing to coat ice cream.
- Place in freezer until ready to serve.
Using I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® in recipes is great because it has a fresh butter taste that you can feel good about. Plus, it is made with 70% less saturated fat, has 30% fewer calories than butter and contains no cholesterol or hydrogenated oils so there’s 0g trans fat per serving. In Crock Country, food and family come together by helping to make good habits more delicious.
Cooking your favorite recipes using Unilever buttery spreads is a deliciously smart move. With 0g trans fats per serving, less saturated fat and fewer calories than butter, cholesterol-free spreads are a better option.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Unilever.