Try this Slow Cooker Orange Beef crockpot recipe for a family dinner on a busy day. Put it in the morning and it will be ready at dinnertime.
I was at a buffet style restaurant with my family recently and my daughter had some orange chicken that didn’t taste like orange at all. She asked me if I want to try some to see what she meant so I did and it wasn’t like the chicken was bad necessarily, but it just didn’t taste like orange and when you eat orange chicken you are expecting an orange flavor.
Today’s recipe for slow cooker orange beef has quite a bit of orange juice in it to give a delicious orange flavor. It’s a great dish to serve over rice or noodles.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Pour the orange sauce over the roast in a crockpot (I used my 6-quart Crock Pot) and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Remove the roast from the crock pot and place on a pan with sides. Transfer the sauce to a saucepan. Shred the beef and return it to the slow cooker. Mix together cornstarch and water and whisk it into the sauce in the saucepan. Bring the sauce to a boil while whisking and cook until thickened. Pour the sauce over the beef.
Serve the slow cooker orange beef over rice or noodles. Top with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds. I love slow cooker recipes like this for busy days because I can put the meat in the crockpot in the morning and in the evening it’s done when we’re ready for dinner!
- Whisk together orange juice, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and sesame seed oil, Pour over the roast in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove the roast to a pan with sides and transfer the sauce a saucepan.
- Shred the roast and return to the slow cooker.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and cold water and whisk it into the sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil while whisking and cook until thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the beef. Serve over rice or noodles. Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Love crockpot recipes? Here are a few more to try:
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken