One of my friend’s teen daughters is really good at giving pedicures. Last weekend while hanging out at their house, she offered to do our feet. Of course, that isn’t something we weren’t going to pass up on! One of the things she used on our feet was a homemade sugar scrub and it felt lovely. And it motivated me to make new sugar scrub recipe. This Strawberry Sugar Scrub is perfect for putting into mason jars and giving as gifts!
Start by whipping the coconut oil. I used my stand mixer with the whisk attachment and whipped it for about 5 minutes. Add the sweet almond oil and mix.
Next, you need some strawberries. I wanted this sugar scrub to last longer than a couple of days, so rather than use fresh strawberries, I used freeze dried strawberries. I put them into my clean, dry coffee grinder.
Grind the freeze dried strawberries until they are powdery.
Mix the powdered strawberries with the granulated sugar. I started mixing them with a whisk and then sifted them together.
Gently stir half of the sugar mixture into the coconut oil/almond oil mixture. Then, stir in the second half.
Optional step: The sugar scrub is ready to use right now, but I added some strawberry extract to mine to enhance the strawberry scent. The coconut oil I used for this sugar scrub has a strong coconut scent compared to coconut oils I’ve used in the past. The scent overwhelmed the strawberry scent. So, I added 4 teaspoons of strawberry extract, but this is completely optional.
Yummmm!! Admit it, you kind of want a taste. Actually, you can taste it, or better yet, use some as a lip scrub because all of the ingredients are edible!
Put the sugar scrub in one large mason jar or a few smaller ones. This recipe makes enough for three 8 oz jars.
This Strawberry Sugar Scrub recipe will make your skin feel so soft! This would be a wonderful homemade gift to give to the women in your life for any special occasion from Valentine’s Day to Christmas and Mother’s Day to birthdays. Or, why not have some girlfriends over for a spa night and share this coconut oil sugar scrub with them.
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup sweet almond oil
- ½ cup powdered strawberries (about 1½ cups freeze-dried strawberries, ground)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Optional: 4 tsp strawberry extract
- Whip the coconut oil in a stand mixer for about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the sweet almond oil.
- Grind enough freeze dried strawberries until you have about ½ cup of powder.
- In a separate bowl, Whisk and then sift together the granulated sugar and powdered strawberries.
- Gently stir half of the sugar mixture into the coconut oil mixture.
- Then, stir in the second half of the mixture.
- Optional: mix in strawberry extract.
- Note: If using in the shower or bathtub, be careful because bath products containing oil can make it slippery.
More sugar scrub recipes: