This Orange Whip is an EASY Orange Julius copycat recipe. It’s refreshing on a hot summer day and is a perfect breakfast or brunch beverage!
Cool, creamy orange whip aka Orange Julius only requires a few ingredients so it is a great option for when you are craving an icy drink! My mom used to make it for us during the summer and my sister serves it at breakfast to overnight guests.
Orange Whip Ingredients
- Orange Juice Concentrate: A can of frozen orange juice concentrate is the basis for the whole drink. We chose the low pulp option but any of the varieties will work. Keep extra cans in the freezer so that you can make orange julius anytime you want.
- Water: The water helps to dilute the concentrated orange juice. Make sure you use cold water to keep the orange whip as chilled as possible.
- Vanilla Extract: A little vanilla extract takes this drink from good to amazing!
- Half-n-Half: The half-n-half makes the orange julius creamy. You can substitute it with an equal amount of heavy cream or milk, if you prefer, but it may change the consistency.
- Granulated Sugar: Adding sugar increase the sweetness and makes the beverage a treat! You can swap it out with your favorite sugar alternative if you prefer.
- Ice Cubes: This recipe calls for three cups of ice cubes so having a powerful blender is a bonus!
Orange Julius Frequently Asked Questions
No, this orange julius drink is best when served immediately after preparation.
Yes, the liquids in this beverage tend to separate with the heavier liquid on the bottom and the foam on the top. Simply give it a stir or enjoy it as it.
The orange in this drink all comes from the orange juice concentrate. You can add peeled oranges if you want but the drink will have more pulp in it.
Want more drink recipes? Try these next:
Make these Sherbet Punch recipes for every party and holiday dinner! Choose from strawberry, orange, lemon, and lime punch, or make all four for a variety.
Frosty Mocha Punch is a cool, refreshing combination of chocolate, coffee, and ice cream! It’s always a part of our family celebrations.
You’ll want to make this homemade Lemonade Recipe on repeat all summer long! It’s so simple and so refreshing.
Whip up this Mango Smoothie recipe for an easy breakfast or make as a cool treat on a hot summer day. Only four ingredients are needed!