Crave-worthy Two Ingredient Dough Pizza Rolls are stuffed with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and pizza sauce! Serve for dinner or snack.
Totino’s Pizza Rolls are a popular snack at our house and I thought it would be fun to make a homemade version using easy two ingredient dough. My family loved these two ingredient dough pizza rolls and we want to try making different versions next!
What is two ingredient dough?
Two ingredient dough is made with self-rising flour and Greek yogurt. This basic dough can be used to make so many things from pretzel bites to pizza crust! I’ve been using two ingredient dough for several years now and we still love it. There is no waiting for yeast to rise, no pulling out half of the ingredients in the pantry, and no kneading for 20 minutes.
Start by making the dough. Put self-rising flour and plain, fat-free Greek yogurt into a mixing bowl. Next, use the dough hook attachment to stir the dough until combined. Then, knead the dough on low speed for about three minutes.
Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead a few times. Form the dough into a ball and cut it in half.
Roll out one half of the dough into a long rectangle (or oval).
Slice the mozzarella cheese into cubes and place them on the dough with spaces in between.
Next, dice the pepperoni and add about one teaspoon to each cube of mozzarella.
Top each one with about 1/2 teaspoon of pizza sauce.
Can I add other toppings to my two ingredient dough pizza rolls?
Yes, the sky is the limit on which toppings you add to the pizza rolls. Keep in mind that the more toppings you add the larger the pizza rolls will be. And you’ll want to chop up any toppings so that they are small pieces.
Use a pastry brush to moisten the dough with water between the filling.
Roll out the second ball of two ingredient dough and place it over the pizza rolls. Use the flat edge of a long spoon to press and seal the dough together forming little rectangular pizza bites.
Use a pizza cutter to cut dough between the mounds of filling. Save the extra dough to re-roll and make more two ingredient dough pizza rolls.
Place the pizza rolls on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Use your fingertips to press the edges of each bite to make sure they are sealed tightly. Then, brush them with beaten egg white.
Bake the two ingredient dough pizza rolls at 425˚F for 12-15 minutes. As an additional step, you can remove them from the oven halfway through baking, flip them over, and brush with beaten egg white before returning to the oven to continue baking, if you desire.
Garnish the pizza rolls with a little grated parmesan and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning. Serve them with pizza sauce for dipping.
Can I make these pizza rolls with other dough?
We used two ingredient dough because it is so easy to whip together but yes you can definitely swap it out with another dough. Try using my pizza dough recipe or the dough I use to make dinner rolls.
Want more two ingredient dough recipes? Try these next:
Crispy Two Ingredient Dough Crackers with rosemary and sea salt are so easy to make! Switch up the spices to make endless varieties.
This Two Ingredient Dough Focaccia Bread recipe is a NO YEAST bread that is super easy to make! It can be served as a side, an appetizer, or used for sandwiches.
Serve Two Ingredient Dough Naan Flatbread as a side or turn it into mini pizzas or sandwich wraps! It’s EASY to make with no yeast and no waiting for dough to rise!
Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Cheddar Rolls are cheesy inside with garlic butter on top. They’re EASY to make with no yeast and no waiting for dough to rise!
Two Ingredient Dough Pizza Rolls
- 1 ¼ cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup diced pepperoni
- 4 oz mozzarella cubed
- 1 egg white beaten
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Put the self-rising flour and plain, fat-free Greek yogurt in the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment.
- NOTE: Using other kinds of flour and Greek yogurt will alter your results. The recipe will still work but you’ll have to make adjustments in measurements, kneading time, and baking time.
- Mix at a low speed until combined. Then, knead at low speed for about 3 minutes. At this point, a ball of dough should be formed in the mixing bowl. Add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Sprinkle the top with flour, knead a couple of times, and form the dough into a ball. Cut the dough in half.
- Roll one half of the dough out into a large rectangle.
- Place cubes of mozzarella on the dough about an inch apart two inches between rows. Top with about 1 teaspoon of diced pepperoni and ½ teaspoon of pizza sauce.
- Use a brush dipped in water to moisten the dough between the filling.
- Roll out the second half of the dough into roughly the same size as the first and place it over the first half and press in place.
- Press the straight handle of a spoon between the pizza rolls to seal the dough.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut out the pizza rolls, reserving the excess dough, and place them on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Using the dough scraps, repeat the process to make more pizza rolls.
- Brush the pizza rolls with beaten egg whites.
- Bake at 375˚F for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Optional step: remove from the oven halfway through, flip the pizza rolls over, and brush the tops with the beaten egg whites.
Keep in the freezer for 1-2 months in a freezer-safe container.
Leave a Reply