{Spa Party} Sugar Hand Scrub Recipe

Alrighty, are you ready for spa week recipe two? This recipe is for a simple, DIY Sugar Hand Scrub. This hand scrub idea comes from Jill’s Gardner’s Hand Scrub at One Good Thing by Jillee. It only includes two ingredients: sugar and liquid soap! This hand scrub will not only make your hands feel soft and smooth, it can help remove grime from your hands! This would also make a great Christmas gift!

I used 4 ounce jelly jars, granulated sugar and Dial body wash. I chose this body wash because it is blue as well as antibacterial but any body wash or dish soap can be used.

Place 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar in the jar.

Top with about 2 tablespoons of liquid soap.

Slowly mix the sugar and soap together.

The result is a grainy, shimmery mixture.

Attach “hand scrub” labels with craft glue. You can download the free hand scrub printable HERE.

Attach directions using craft glue. You can download the free hand scrub directions printable HERE.

I am not sure how long this will last because this is my first time making it but since the soap I used it antibacterial I think it should last fairly well!

Sugar Hand Scrub
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 tablespoons liquid soap
Mix ingredients together and store in an air tight container.

Although I was not compensated for this post, I purchased the supplies for a sponsored post that I am doing with Collective Biasโ„ข and the recipe will be part of my sponsored Pampering Spa Party.

Due to stolen content, I have found it necessary to only show a snippet of my blog posts in my feed. Thank you for understanding that I want to keep the content I work hard to create on my website where it is originally published: thegunnysack.com
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to The Gunny Sack to have future blog posts delivered to via email.

Comments

I’m not sure what is going on. I would suggest that you try adding more sugar. If it continues to separate, maybe just stir up the mixture a bit before using it. Best of luck!
      ~Tonia

1. Marie says

Thank you so much. I am teaching a kids herb fairy class (its a homeschool coop) and I have been looking for a simple recipe using the herbs and I am so thankful for this one!

2. Tina L. says

I made the hand scrub. My, does it smell great! It’s wonderful for my elbows that get dried out in the sun! I love it. Thank you for this. Also, I love your blog! Looks like fun!

3. Jackye says

Where did you purchase the little jars? I’ve been looking everywhere but I cant find any like them, If you could answer this it would be very much appreciated :)

4. Deb says

I’m going to try and make this with lavender scented dish soap — maybe it’ll smell more “spa” like. Great teacher gifts — THANK YOU for the great how-to and the printables. I really appreciate it!

5. Becca says

Hello, I was just wondering since you posted this last year- did it last well? Just wondering when I can make it before Christmas, or if it should be done pretty close to the date. Would appreciate any tips. Love your ideas!

Hi Becca,
      The sooner you make it to the date the better it will look. The soap and sugar separate a little as is sits. That being said, it is easy to mix up again when you want to use it so make it when you have time and it will be fine a month from now! Best of luck and thanks for stopping by!
      ~Tonia