Make warm mugs of Spiced Orange Tea with this easy Russian Tea recipe. Put the mix in mason jars, add labels, and give it as gifts to friends!
My friend Amy gave me this recipe for Spiced Orange Tea Mix over 25 years ago! It’s also known as Russian Tea and Friendship Tea. Mix up a batch of it to give to your family and friends, along with a couple of cute mugs.
What You’ll Find In This Post
How To Make Russian Tea Mix
Put the Tang orange drink mix, granulated sugar, Lipton unsweetened instant tea mix, Country Time lemonade drink mix, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, and ground allspice into a large bowl.
Stir everything together until combined. The ingredients have different densities, so the tea mix ends up having a beautiful layered look.
Spoon the mixture into a large, airtight container for storage or into mason jars to give as gifts. Print the mason jar labels, cut them out, and attach them to the jars with baker’s twine.
Individual Serving Drink Pods
You can also measure the perfect amount of Russian tea and put it into condiment cups to make it convenient to enjoy! These individual servings are perfect for holiday parties or for the break room at work. If you use these cups at home, you can save the empties and refill them!
Print drink pod labels, cut them out, and attach them to the top of the condiment cups. Place the cups in a wooden tray and put them next to your hot water source, such as an espresso machine, Keurig, or hot water urn.
How To Prepare Spiced Orange Tea
When you are ready to drink a mug of hot tea, scoop 2-3 tablespoons (depending on your mug size and preferences) of the Russian tea mix into a mug.
Pour hot water into the cup and stir until combined. If you are using one of the individual serving cups, simply pour it into the mug before adding the hot water.
Spiced Orange Tea Mix Labels
We made labels that you can print and add to the mason jars, as well as ones you can add to the individual serving cups. You can attach the mason jar labels with twine and the condiment cup labels with glue or double-sided tape.
More Holiday Drink Recipes
- Mulled Cider is a holiday classic!
- Cranberry Punch is cool and refreshing.
- Slow Cooker Apple Cider is perfect for a party.
- You can make Sherbet Punch in a variety of flavors!
Spiced Orange Tea Recipe
Russian Tea Mix
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into a large, airtight container or measure into individual condiment cups.
- To give as gifts, put the mix into mason jars. Print the labels, cut them out, and attach them to the jars with baker's twine.
Spiced Orange Tea
- To make a mug of spiced orange tea, stir 2-3 tablespoons (depending on your mug size and preferences) of the Russian tea mix into a cup of hot water.