Veggie pizzas are quick appetizers that are often served at parties. This veggie pizza recipe uses crescent roll dough rather than the biscuit dough used to make pizza balls and taco bites so the pizza cups are light and flaky!
I have found that when I make veggie pizza in the flat pizza style, it can be a little messy to eat because the toppings want to fall off. So, when I was hosting my spa party, I decided to try making crescent roll cups and place the toppings inside the cups. I was delighted when they turned out because the empty cups could be filled with so many different things!
Start with a package of crescent rolls such as Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. I used either big and buttery or big and flaky crescent rolls. I can’t remember which one, but any of the varieties will work. Remove the crescent rolls from the package and lay them on a flat surface. Cut “triangle one” from the original crescent roll dough triangle. Do this to all of the crescent roll dough triangles. Then, take two of the leftover long narrow triangles and form a long diamond shape which I cut into “triangle two” and “triangle three”. This sounds complicated, but all you need to do is cut the dough into smaller triangles so that they fit in the muffin tin.
I put triangles of dough into each of the greased muffin tin cups and pressed them down lightly.
I baked the dough at 350°F for about 12 minutes until they were golden brown.
Beat one package of softened cream cheese. Add 1 cup of sour cream, one package of powdered ranch mix and 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and beat well. Put one spoonful of this ranch mixture in each of the cooled cups. Top with your choice of chopped veggies and shredded cheese. I used carrots, cucumber, cauliflower, broccoli and cheddar jack cheese.
They were so easy to make! They tasted delicious and impressed my guests without making a mess. I will definitely be making them again this holiday season.
- 1 package of crescent roll dough
- 8 oz brick of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package of powdered ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Chopped Veggies
- Shredded Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut crescent roll dough into triangles.
- Gently press the triangles into greased muffin tin cups.
- Bake at 350°F for about 12 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Beat one package of softened cream cheese.
- Add sour cream, powdered ranch mix and garlic powder and beat well.
- Put one spoonful of this ranch mixture in each of the cooled cups.
- Top with your choice of chopped veggies and shredded cheese. I used carrots, cucumber, cauliflower, broccoli and cheddar jack cheese.
- Gently press the toppings into the ranch mix.