This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Audible. The opinions and text are all mine.
Summer is the BEST time of the year to live an active lifestyle and develop healthy habits that can last throughout the entire year. With the beautiful weather, there are so many opportunities to be active outside from hanging out with my kids shooting hoops or playing tennis to social gatherings including volleyball or croquet. My favorite way to get daily exercise in the summer is walking and while I walk I stay motivated by listening to audiobooks from Audible.
Let me explain Audible to those of you who’ve never heard of it. It is an online bookstore for audiobooks. I have the Audible app on my iPhone where the books I purchase are downloaded and I listen to them via the app. I downloaded my first book free as part of a 1-month trial in February 2013 and I’ve been a huge fan ever since.
One of my current favorite motivational books is The Morning Miracle by Hal Elrod and if you are one of my close friends or relatives, chances are I’ve already told you about the book. I listened to it via Audible last summer and added many of the ideas from the book to my daily routine.
The Morning Miracle is all about having a morning routine that not only gets things off to a great start but can also change your life. The routine includes journaling, affirmations, visualization, meditation, reading, and exercise.
Hal shares some of the difficult things he’s had to overcome during his lifetime. It’s motivating to hear not only his morning routine message but also how it has changed and improved his life.
This summer I plan to listen to Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain by John J. Ratey. This book talks about exercise affect on the brain and therefore everything in our lives. I think that knowing the science behind it will help motivate me more than just saying “I need to get more exercise because it is good for me”.
5 Audiobooks for Fitness Inspiration:
- Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain by John J. Ratey
- Thinner Leaner Stronger by Michael Matthews
- Eat Move Sleep by Tom Rath
- Primal Endurance by Mark Sisson and Brad Kearns
- How to Build Self-Discipline to Exercise by Martin Meadows
5 Audiobooks for Healthy Eating:
- In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan
- It Starts with Food by Melissa Hartwig and Dallas Hartwig
- Grain Brain by David Perlmutter and Kristin Loberg
- The Omnivores Dilemma by Michael Pollan
- Fat Chance by Robert H. Lustig
BONUS: 5 Audiobooks for Motivation:
- The Morning Miracle by Hal Elrod
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins