This Garlic and Herb Chicken Marinade recipe makes the BEST juicy, tender, flavorful chicken that is a perfect main dish or delicious on a salad and pasta. Everyone will love this grilled chicken recipe marinade.
Chicken is a staple in many family dinners since it is so versatile and generally affordable. There is a large variety of cut and an endless number of ways to prepare it.
When cooking chicken on the grill, I always marinate it first to give the chicken a little flavor boost and garlic and herb chicken marinade is my family’s favorite.
I often buy a bottle of ready-to-go garlic and herb spices but have found that it isn’t always available. So, I decided to make my own version of the grilled chicken recipe marinade and I’m excited to share it with you today.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Garlic and Herb Chicken Marinade
Mix together sea salt, minced onion, roasted garlic powder, black pepper, coriander, parsley, and paprika.
Put the spice mixture, olive oil, and vinegar into a gallon sized ziplock bag.
Add two pounds of boneless, skinless, chicken breasts.
Toss to coat well, place in the fridge and marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
You May Also Be Interested In Trying My Stir Fry Sauce Recipe
Grease the grill grates, discard the marinade and grill the chicken over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes per side for a total of about 10 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160Â°F.
This grilled chicken recipe marinade results in the BEST juicy, tender, flavorful chicken that is perfect the way it is or delicious with rice or pasta.
Grilled Chicken Recipe Marinade Tips
1. Any of the seasonings in this recipe can be swapped with whatever seasonings you prefer. Just keep the same amount of olive oil and vinegar.
2. I used white vinegar for this recipe but you can use apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar if you want that added flavor.
3. If you don’t have a gas grill available, you can make indoor grilled chicken using a grill pan. Warm the pan over medium high heat. Grease with olive oil. Grill the marinated chicken breasts for about 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat and cover with a pan lid or a foil tent and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Check that the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165Â°F.
4. If you don’t have a way to grill the garlic and herb chicken at all, you can cook the chicken breast in the oven. Bake at 400 degrees, on a greased, rimmed baking sheet, for 18-23 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165Â°F.
5. To cook the chicken faster, cut the thickness in half so that each chicken breast becomes two thin chicken breasts. Grill for about 3 minutes per side, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165Â°F.