Flaky, buttery Donut Sticks are SUPER easy to make. These deep fried cinnamon sugar coated doughnut sticks are totally dunkable!
Sometimes the easiest recipes are the best! These donut sticks are made with crescent roll dough that is deep fried and then coated with cinnamon sugar. Yet the resulting doughnut sticks are so delicious with a crispy exterior and delicious flaky layers on the inside.
Unroll a sheet of crescent dough and use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into sticks. If you are unable to find the full sheets of crescent roll dough, you can use the regular dough and press the seams together before cutting it.
What kind of dough is used to make donut sticks?
We went the easy route and use store-bought crescent roll dough but other dough would work as well. You can make fried doughnuts with refrigerated biscuit dough or use your favorite homemade dough recipe.
Heat the oil in a deep fryer (or use a large, heavy-bottomed pot with a thermometer) to 375˚F. Fry the doughnut sticks for 1-2 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown.
Remove the donut sticks from the fryer and place them on a paper towel lined plate to drain. Coat them with cinnamon sugar (find my recipe here) while still warm.
What toppings go on donut sticks?
We loved the cinnamon sugar coating but these donut sticks would also be delicious with other toppings! Here are a few ideas to try:
- powdered sugar
- granulated sugar
- pumpkin spice and sugar
- apple pie spice and sugar
- Oreo crumbs
Want to make more deep fried treats? Try these next:
Fried Ice Cream has a warm, crunchy shell with cold vanilla ice cream inside. Yes, it really is deep fried and served with cinnamon chips.
Make this easy Funnel Cake Recipe and surprise your family with fair food at home! Just add your favorite toppings to these sweet, crispy funnel cakes.
Deep fried, crispy Elephant Ears topped with cinnamon sugar give you a taste of the fair at home and the no yeast fry bread recipe is super easy to make.
Golden, Deep Fried Oreos are so easy to make at home! These sweet treats are fair food at it’s finest and your family will love them.
- 8 oz crescent dough sheet
- ¼ cup cinnamon sugar find my recipe here
- peanut oil or canola oil for frying
- Cut the crescent roll dough into strips.
- Heat oil in deep fryer (or use a large pot) to 375˚F.
- Working in batches, add strips of dough to the hot oil. Fry for 1-2 minutes until golden brown, turning halfway through cooking.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- If you are unable to find the full sheets of crescent dough, use the regular crescent roll dough and press the seams together before cutting it into strips.
- Serve the doughnut sticks with powdered sugar glaze (find my recipe here) and chocolate sauce (find my recipe here) for dipping.
- Nutrition facts were calculated using three tablespoons of oil since most of it wasn’t absorbed. Your results may vary depending on your oil temperature, length of cooking time, and the fryer you use.