These Flower Pot Cookies are perfect for spring! The bright colors pop and the easy recipe makes them a fun party idea. With sugar cookie cups, chocolate ganache, and Oreo dirt, they are as good to eat as they cute to look at.
Anyone else excited about spring? The snow is gone, the tulips are coming up and we can finally be outside without a coat. I am looking forward to green grass, budding trees and planting flowers, but for now we can celebrate with adorable Flower Pot Cookies!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
First, grease the mini muffin pan, separate Pillsbury Ready To Bake Sugar Cookie Dough into the 24 pieces and put one into each cup. Bake at 375 degrees for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown (put the silicone pan on a cookie sheet). Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing them from the pan.
Carefully remove the cookie cups from the muffin tin. I used the tip of a thin knife to gently pop them out. Make chocolate ganache using semi-sweet chocolate chips and heavy cream. Fill the cups with chocolate ganache.
Sprinkle with crushed Oreos. Place in the fridge so that the ganache can cool and set.
To make the flower cupcake toppers, I used some paper flower embellishments that I found in the bargain bins at Michaels. I carefully separated the green leaves from the flowers and glued both onto toothpicks using hot glue.
Insert the toothpicks into the chocolate of the cookie cup.
They are so cheerful looking and are the perfect thing for spring! These Flower Pot Cookies, with their bright colors, look great on a white cake stand for serving.
Recipe updated from the original posted March 2014.
- 1 package Pillsbury Ready-To-Bake Sugar Cookie dough 24 squares, divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 Oreos
- Grease a mini muffin tin, separate Pillsbury sugar cookie dough into the 24 pieces and put one into each cup.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes, until golden brown (put the silicone pan on a cookie sheet).
- Leave the cookies in the muffin pan and allow them to cool completely.
- Bring 1/2 cups heavy cream just to a boil.
- Pour over semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Allow them to sit for 3 minutes and stir until smooth.
- Fill the cups with chocolate ganache.
- Crush Oreos in a food processor or food chopper and sprinkle over the chocolate ganache.
- Add a flower cupcake topper.