Mango Cucumber Salad is a combination of fresh mango and vegetables. Serve with chicken or fish. Or turn it into salsa and serve with chips.
This mango cucumber salad recipe is super easy to prepare when you need a quick side dish. It goes works really well with tacos, chicken, and fish!
What You’ll Find In This Post
Mango Cucumber Salad Ingredients
- Mangos: Ripe mangos provide a sweet flavor and soft texture.
- Cucumbers: Diced cucumbers add a crispy texture.
- Peppers: Use both green and red bell peppers for color and flavor.
- Onion: Choose a red onion for added flavor. You can also use white onion.
- Cilantro: Chopped cilantro brings lots of flavor to the salad.
- Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice adds moisture and a tart flavor.
- Black Pepper and Salt: Season the salad with salt and pepper.
How To Make Mango Cucumber Salad
Start by dicing your mangos, cucumbers, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, onions, and cilantro. You can make the pieces bigger or smaller depending on your preferences.
Put all of the diced fruit and vegetables into a bowl. Keep the dressing simple and drizzle the salad with freshly squeezed lime juice and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
Mix everything together, cover, and refrigerate to allow the flavors to combine.
When ready to serve, remove the cucumber and mango salad from the refrigerator and stir again before serving.
Other Ways to Make It
Mango Cucumber Salsa: You can use this recipe to make mango salsa with cucumber! Simply chop or dice the ingredients into smaller pieces and serve it with chips. Or use it to make mango salsa chicken!
Mango Avocado Cucumber Salad: Diced avocados add a creamy texture to the salad that is so good! Dice a ripe avocado and stir it into the salad. I don’t recommend making this version ahead of time since the avocado will get mushy. But you can wait to add the avocado until serving time.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can add more fruits, such as pineapple, strawberries, apples, or peaches. Or you can add more vegetables such as jalapeños, tomatoes, yellow and orange bell peppers, or corn. If you increase the amount of fruits or veggies, you might also need to increase the amount of lime juice, salt, and pepper for the dressing.
To sweeten, you can add some honey or mango nectar. On the other hand, if you want a spicier salad, stir in some minced jalapenos. And for an acidic flavor, add a splash of rice vinegar.
Yes. Drain the juice from the can and dice the mangos into smaller pieces if necessary.
Yes, you can use frozen mangos. Allow the frozen mangos to thaw before dicing them into smaller pieces. Then, add them to the other ingredients to make the salsa.
- Tomato Cucumber Salad is made with fresh, crispy vegetables!
- This Corn Salad with Doritos is a summertime favorite.
- Pineapple Salsa is a tasty combination of sweet and spicy.!
- This Fruit Salad recipe has a light lemon glaze.
Mango Cucumber Salad
- 1 ½ cups diced mangos
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup diced red bell peppers
- ½ cup diced green peppers
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Stir all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.