Air Fryer Corn On The Cob with tender, toasted kernels are easy to make without turning the oven on! Serve with plenty of butter and salt.
Sweet corn is in season! Now is the perfect time to make air fryer corn on the cob for an easy side dish. My in-laws told us that they use their air fryer to make corn on the cob, so we had to give it a try. We enjoy fresh sweet corn with juicy burgers, fried steak, and garlic and herb chicken.
What You’ll Find In This Post
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
First of all, we love air fryer recipes because they are easy to make and they save time. Second, our family enjoys eating fresh sweet corn all summer long. So, when you combine those two things, you’ve got a winner!
Making corn on the cob in an air fryer frees up space on the stovetop, grill, or oven. Plus, you don’t have to heat up the house. It’s a simple, hands-off way to make corn for a few people, and it always turns out great.
How To Make Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
Making air fryer corn on the cob is super easy! While you are peeling your corn, preheat the air fryer. Then, grease the corn and allow it to cook for 12-15 minutes while you make your main dish.
Supplies and Ingredients Needed
- Air fryer – for cooking the corn
- Tongs – for turning the corn and removing it when done
- Corn on the cob – the fresher your corn, the better it will taste
- Olive oil – for greasing the corn and the fryer basket
- Butter – to brush on after cooking
- Salt – for added flavor
Start by shucking (peeling) the fresh sweet corn and removing the silks. Preheat the air fryer to 370˚F.
Place the corn cobs in the fryer basket and spray both sides with olive oil. You may need to cut the corn if it is too large for the basket.
What can I use instead of olive oil?
I like using olive oil spray because it makes things so easy. But you could also brush the cobs of corn with olive oil. Another option would be to use melted butter, or if you have some on hand, you could use bacon grease.
Bake the corn on the cob in the air fryer at 370˚F for 12-15 minutes, turning halfway through, until the kernels are tender and some of them are toasted.
Remove it from the basket, brush the air fried corn with melted butter, and sprinkle with salt.
Frequently Asked Questions
The number of ears of corn will depend on the size of your air fryer. I used a 5.8-quart size and was able to fit four ears of corn. If you have a smaller air fryer, you may need to roast your corn in batches.
Yes, you can cook frozen corn on the cob, but it should be thawed beforehand.
There are a couple of ways to make air fryer corn on the cob with mayo. You can either brush the sweet corn with a mixture of mayonnaise, sour cream, chipotle seasoning, cotija cheese, and lime juice before cooking it in the air fryer or afterward. See my Mexican Street Corn recipe for the ingredients and details.
Air Fryer Corn Toppings and Seasonings
Once your corn is done air frying, it’s time to add some toppings! Tired of always using butter and salt? Here are some delicious toppings you can add:
- honey butter
- garlic parmesan wing sauce
- bacon bits
- minced cilantro
- garlic butter sauce
- sriracha sauce
- freshly-squeezed lemon or lime juice
In addition to toppings, you can change the flavor by adding various seasonings. They can be mixed into butter or simply sprinkled on top.
- Italian seasoning
- chili powder
- sriracha sauce
- garlic salt
- southwest seasoning
- cajun spice
More Ways To Cook Corn On the Cob
Of course, an air fryer isn’t the only way to cook corn on the cob! Here are a few more of our favorite ways to cook sweet corn:
- Boiled Corn On the Cob
- Grilled Corn On The Cob
- Oven Roasted Corn On The Cob
- Slow Cooker Corn On The Cob
Want more corn recipes? Try these next:
- This Fried Corn recipe with crumbled bacon is a quick, irresistible side dish that your family will ask for again and again!
- This flavorful Corn Dip recipe is the perfect dish to bring to your next party or backyard barbecue. Serve cold or hot with corn chips or tortilla chips.
- Corn Salad is a summery combination of fresh sweet corn, bell peppers, and ripe tomatoes!
- This Corn Fritter recipe makes tender little fried balls of dough with bits of sweet corn inside. Serve them warm with maple syrup and honey drizzled on top.
Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- olive oil spray
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 370˚F.
- Shuck the corn and remove the silks.
- Place the corn in the air fryer basket, cut to fit if needed, and spray (or brush) with olive oil.
- Cook at 370˚F for 12-15 minutes, until tender (cook longer for toasted kernels), turning halfway through cooking.
- Remove from air fryer basket, brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with salt.