Easy to make peanut butter cup cookies with delicious peanut butter buttercream frosting!
↑↑↑ See the cookie cups technique in the video above. ↑↑↑
I like to have some sort of after school snack for my kids. Some days it’s popcorn, other days it’s cheese crackers and sometimes it’s a sweet treat. They are often my taste testers. My kids and two of their cousins walk to my parent’s house after school. I meet them there, give them rides home and share my desserts.
Earlier this week, I realized that it was almost time to go get the kids. I looked in my cupboards to see if there was anything I could bring them for a snack, but realized that most of the snacks had already been taken in school lunches.
So, I looked in my freezer and found a container of frozen peanut butter cup cookies! Bingo! I just needed a topping for the cookies so I quickly whipped up some peanut butter buttercream. I sprinkled them with some mini chocolate chips to make them look cute and headed out the door.
To make the peanut butter cup cookies, pre
Top the cookies with peanut butter buttercream frosting.
Sprinkle the frosting with mini chocolate chips.
You might have to press the mini chocolate chips into the frosting if you are having issues getting them to stick.
My daughter asked can I just eat the frosting? It is sooo good! The mini chocolate cups are cute and I love the hidden peanut butter cups inside.
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies with Peanut Butter ButtercreamPrint Pin Rate
- Refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 24 unwrapped peanut butter cups
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Grease the cups and the top surface of a mini muffin tin.
- Put about 1 tablespoon of sugar cookie dough in each muffin tin cup.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently press an unwrapped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup into each cookie cup.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely and then carefully remove them from the pan. I used a thin knife to apply a little pressure to the outside edge of the cookie cup and they popped right out.
- Frost with peanut butter buttercream and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
Peanut Butter Buttercream:
- Beat butter, peanut butter and vanilla until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating at low speed until well blended.
- Mix in marshmallow cream.
- Add milk if necessary and beat until light and fluffy.
Peanut Butter Lovers: