Make a very berry pretzel salad and some very berry lemonade to serve at your summer BBQ. Summer berry recipes are perfect for backyard entertaining!
I’m sharing my very berry pretzel salad and very berry lemonade recipes as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #TargetCrowd
We all enjoy the grilled meat at summer barbecues, whether it is a tender steak, a juicy hamburger or a perfectly seasoned chicken breast. But the true stars of summer parties are the salads, desserts and beverages.
Today I am sharing two recipes that are ideal for summer barbecues and they both include berries. The first is a Very Berry Pretzel Salad that everyone loves and the second is easy homemade Very Berry Lemonade.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Very Berry Pretzel Salad
Start by making the sugared pretzels for the salad. Put brown sugar, chopped pretzels and chopped pecans in a bowl.
Pour in melted butter and mix everything together.
Spread the mixture on a large baking sheet with sides (I used my jelly roll pan). Bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes.
Allow the mixture to cool and then break it into small pieces.
Rinse and slice a mixture of berries (I used strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries) and set them aside.
Beat softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Fold in the whipped topping and store in the fridge or in a cooler. Keep the sugared pretzels, berries and cream cheese mixture separate until right before serving.
Then, add the sugared pretzels and mixed berries to the cream cheese mixture.
Stir everything together in a large bowl (I used large white melamine serving bowl with a bamboo lid from Target) and serve immediately.
I found these cute, brightly colored dip bowls at Target. They are perfect for backyard entertaining and they are the right size for the very berry pretzel salad.
How To Make Very Berry Lemonade
To make the lemonade, start with a simple syrup. Bring water and sugar to a boil and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow the syrup to cool. Put the simple syrup and lemon juice into a pitcher or carafe. Stir in the cold water and berries.
When I spotted these seeded plastic cups, fun cloth napkins and this glass pitcher with a lid at Target, I knew they would work great for the very berry lemonade. Both of these delicious summer recipes can be served at a summer BBQ or picnic.
- Mix together crushed pretzels, chopped pecans, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Spread in a baking sheet with sides (I used my jelly roll pan) and bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool and then break it into small pieces.
- Beat together softened cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla.
- Fold in whipped topping and store in the fridge or in a cooler.
- Keep the ingredients separate until right before serving. Then, add the sugared pretzels and mixed berries to the cream cheese mixture.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup mixed berries
- Mix together sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow the syrup to cool.
- Mix together syrup and lemon juice.
- Stir in water and berries.