York Mint Magic Bars are easy to make with a mix cake crust. This cookie bars recipe is sweet and gooey with a bit of crunchy mint on top.
Unfortunately, it has gotten cold here in Minnesota…like really cold…like record breaking cold…like cold we haven’t seen since the 1990’s back when Christine was born! Last night, the low temp was -26 degrees and today’s high is -13 degrees. That isn’t the worst part though. Along with the low temps and blowing wind, comes windchill which could reach -50 degrees meaning that you can get frostbite within 5-10 minutes.
The kids are delighted because the governor canceled school. And, to go along with the chilly weather, I made some blue and white York Mint Magic Bars…a cool treat for your mouth. Okay, that was cheesy but the bars really are good and the best part is that they are easy to make!
Mix together a cake mix, a stick of softened butter and an egg. Pat it down in a greased 9×13″ pan. Pour a bag of York Pieces over the top and sprinkle with white chocolate chips. Drizzle can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of everything before baking at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Allow the bars to cool before cutting into squares.
- Mix together a cake mix, a stick of softened butter and an egg.
- Pat into a greased 9×13″ pan.
- Pour the entire bag of York Pieces over the top and sprinkle with white chocolate chips.
- Drizzle can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of everything.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow bars to cool before cutting.