Chocolate Mint M&M Bars aka Magic Bars! This recipe for chocolate mint, ooey gooey bars is irresistible!
A few years ago, there was a flurry of “magic” cookie bar recipes being shared online. They were called magic bars because they use only a few ingredients and magically come together into something amazing!
The dark chocolate mint M&M remain crunchy, the bottom layer is like a dense brownie and the sweetened condensed milk caramelizes over everything…see what I mean? It’s magic!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
The reason these bars are so popular is that they come together easily without too many ingredients. The base of the bars is a chocolate cake mix, one egg and a softened stick of butter. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer until combined.
Press the dough into a greased, foil-lined 9×13 inch pan.
Top with one bag of dark chocolate mint M&Ms.
Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk over everything.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Allow the bars to cool before cutting into slices.
These ooey gooey, chocolate and mint bars are easy to make and irresistible! Plus, you can replace the baking chips in this recipe with any of your favorites and you can use whatever flavor of M&Ms you want for endless combinations of magic cookie bars.
This recipe was updated from the original posted in February 2013.
- Mix together cake mix, butter and egg.
- Press into a foil lined, greased 9×13″ pan.
- Sprinkle with white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Top with one bag of dark chocolate mint M&Ms.
- Pour can of sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown along the edges.
- Allow bars to cool completely before cutting.