It’s time for another pizza ball recipe! Although Pepperoni Pizza Balls continue to be the all time favorite, I am having so much fun trying various fillings. This time I made Mac ‘n Cheese Balls and instead of using the traditional refrigerated Pillsbury biscuits like I did in the pizza rolls recipe, I used Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Original biscuits.
Have you ever tried macaroni and cheese pizza? I haven’t but a friend of mine orders it from Umbria Gourmet Pizza. From looking at the online menu, it sounds like the pizza includes Kraft Mac ‘n Cheese, creamy tomato sauce, cheddar and mozzarella cheese. I decided to leave out the creamy tomato sauce in these mac ‘n cheese balls but will definitely try making it soon! Let me know if you’ve tried mac ‘n cheese pizza before and what you think of it! These bite sized biscuits filled with mac ‘n cheese are seasoned with bread crumbs sprinkled with pepper and topped with mozzarella cheese. Wouldn’t these be a fun appetizer to serve at a party?
Before getting started, prepare your macaroni and cheese. I used left over Kraft Mac ‘n Cheese. The last time I made it for my kids, I saved the leftover in my fridge so I could try making these. Flatten a Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Original biscuit. Top it with mozzarella cheese, prepared mac ‘n cheese, Italian seasoned bread crumbs and black pepper.
Gather the edges up to make a bundle around the mac ‘n cheese and pinch to seal. Put bundles in a greased 9×13 inch pan spaced apart, sides not touching. Brush the tops with a beaten egg white and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Zack, my old lover of macaroni and cheese, thought these were the best thing since…mac ‘n cheese! Vanessa said they were a little to0 dry, to which Zack replied, “No, they are delicious!” So, I think Vanessa would prefer them with that creamy tomato sauce or another sauce (maybe Alfredo?). I will try adding something to her’s next time I make these and let you know what she thinks.
- 8 Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Original Biscuits
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup prepared mac 'n cheese
- 2 tsp Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Black pepper
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Flatten biscuits.
- Top each biscuit with 1 heaping tablespoon (or a large pinch) of shredded mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons of prepared mac 'n cheese, ¼ tsp Italian seasoned bread crumbs and a dash of pepper.
- Gather the edges of the biscuit around the mac 'n cheese to make a bundle. Pinch to seal.
- Put bundles in a greased 9×13 inch pan spaced apart, sides not touching.
- Brush the tops with a beaten egg white and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.