Today’s recipe for hearty Cheesy Pizza Soup is like comfort in a bowl with a creamy tomato base, homestyle noodles, mini pepperoni and lots of cheese.
I tend to get a little stuck, preparing the same meals for my family week after week. Brian and the kids give me suggestions sometimes, but we typically fall back on our tried-and-true favorites. We usually have soup at least once a week and pizza at least once a week. I decided to combine those two favorites and make pizza soup. Try making it for a family dinner on a cold winter night!
This recipe starts with Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles. This was my first experience with these noodles and now I can’t wait to try them in more hearty soups and casserole recipes. The Reames noodles I used in this recipe come frozen in a bag and they are boiled in water for a homemade taste.
To make the cheesy pizza soup, start by bringing four quarts of water to a boil, add the frozen noodles, return to a boil and cook the noodles for twenty minutes. Drain well and return to pot.
Add a jar of four cheese pasta sauce, a can of tomato soup, a jar of pizza sauce, milk, mini pepperoni, grated parmesan and spices. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring often. Remove from heat, add shredded cheese and stir until the cheese has melted.
Garnish the soup with additional shredded cheese and a sprinkle of oregano. Serve with garlic cheese bread and a green salad. Make this hearty Cheesy Pizza Soup recipe for dinner on a cold winter night. It’s homemade taste with the creamy tomato base, homestyle noodles, mini pepperoni and lots of cheese, will help bring the family together!
- 12 oz package Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles, frozen
- 24 oz jar (3 cups) four cheese pasta sauce
- 12 oz jar (1¾ cups) pizza sauce
- 10¾ oz can (1¼ cups) condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups milk
- 5 oz bag (1½ cups) mini pepperoni (can also use chopped pepperoni)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp (about 4 cloves) minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional: additional oregano and shredded cheese for garnish
- Bring four quarts of water to a boil in a large pot, add the frozen noodles, return to a boil and cook the noodles for twenty minutes. Drain well and return to pot.
- Turn the heat to medium-low. Add pasta sauce, pizza sauce, condensed tomato soup, milk, mini pepperoni, parmesan, oregano, garlic, and pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, add shredded cheese and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of oregano and additional shredded cheese.
Want a chance a WIN a $50 AMEX Gift Card?
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter your information and leave a comment sharing which hearty recipe you want to make for your family using Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles for a chance to win.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Marzetti Reames Frozen Egg Noodles. The opinions and text are all mine.