This Grilled Cowboy Caviar recipe is a flavorful, healthy appetizer that can also be served as a salad side dish. Grilled veggies are a fabulous addition!
Grilled Cowboy Caviar is an even better choice than salsa for an appetizer or snack because it is so filling. We like eating it with tortilla chips but it can also be served as a salad. I’ve shared recipes for cowboy caviar in the past but decided to try grilling the vegetables before adding them to the salad the last time I made it and I love how it turned out! Grilling the vegetables gives them a flavor boost and they are a great addition to cowboy caviar.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links.
Cut bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions into slices. Arrange them in a grilling basket, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Brush ears of corn with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place directly on the grill grate.
Grill the vegetables over medium high heat, turning occasionally until grill marks appear, about 8 minutes or 4 minutes per side.
Allow the veggies to cool. Dice the grilled peppers and onions. Cut the grilled sweet corn off of the cob.
Serve the Grilled Cowboy Caviar with tortilla chips as a chip dip or serve it as a salad side dish at a backyard barbecue.
↑↑↑ Watch the RECIPE IN ACTION, in the video above. ↑↑↑
- 1 can black bean, rinsed and drained
- 1 can blackeye beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grilled sweet corn (4 ears sweet corn)
- 1 cup diced grilled tomatoes (4 firm, ripe Roma)
- ½ cup diced grilled bell peppers (about 10 mini sweet bell peppers)
- 1 diced avocado
- ½ cup grilled diced onions (1/2 of a purple onion)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup zesty Italian dressing
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- Olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper for grilling
- Arrange the sliced bell peppers, tomatoes, and onion in a grilling basket. Brush the veggies in the basket and the ears of sweet corn with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Grill over medium high heat, turning occasionally until grill marks appear, about 8 minutes or 4 minutes per side.
- Allow the veggies to cool. Dice the grilled peppers, tomatoes, and onions. Cut the grilled sweet corn off of the cob.
- Put rinsed and drained black beans and blackeye peas into a bowl. Add the tomatoes, peppers, avocado, onions, cilantro, zesty Italian dressing, and garlic salt. Stir to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator.